Suffering from diverticulosis.

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Does diverticulosis lead to mood swings?? At one moment I am very happy and at the second moment suddenly I feel very angry. This happens regularly.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I've suffered with this for three years now and I think the thing that makes me depressed is loosing the mornings very often, it's hard to plan anything. I just keep drinking the fibogel and hope for the best. Good luck try and stay positive because you'll get no help from doctors

• Posted

Yup you are right. But actually my health is quite improving after I started "Ayurvedic Medicines" but still I am not normal.

• Posted

This is a disease that makes you very aware that it needs a lot of your attention to keep it at bay, I have had it for 6 years and it is my mind continuously , waiting to feel "the Pain" I think I have it more or less under control ,so relaxed is my state of mind ,at the moment, but I do agree ,and that I do  sometimes feel "WHY ME "" and go on a Downer, which is no help, because stress seems to egg it on. Fresh air helps me, if it's just to go into the garden .

So, you are not by yourself,, 

• Posted

Yes i suffer from this all the time, not sure if it,s to with this horrible disease but it sure has made me worse than i was before hate it, ruining my life im not the same person any more, only had it since last April, so i know how you are feeling take carexx
    • Posted

It's really irritating. Many times due to such moodswings I talk very rudely with my friends. So now whenever I get angry I prefer to stay alone and quiet for some time. Thank you and you also take care.

• Posted

Hi meet ive since been to see my hospital dr last week, ive have a history of stress for a long time, however this condition has made it worse, just like you i get so angry with every one around me, family are not easy to talk with me, cos they have there lives and fed up with me going on about this, i have lost 2 stone since i was told i had this, of course i started worrying even more, went on a strict diet cut out every thing i used to like sweets chocolate, cakes biscuits,wine, so ive been really miserable, i asked the doctor is this why ive lost all this weight he just really did,nt have a clue, i felt that i was a pain to him,he told me he would send me for a c.t scan which i had today, just in case it,s something else another worry, my husband asked if i could be seen by a dietician no was the reply we don,t do that, and he scaned off a diet sheet off, im really fed up the way no one whats to know about this D.D, thats causing so much miserable feelings, also very alone, meant to say this dr said go home and try every thing you will soon find out if the next day you can,t have it,trail and error he said,so as you can imagine how i felt, i don,t know what id do without this forum, at least there is help for us good night god bless
    • Posted

Hello.,, thought you might like some help, and there again, maybe not, but here it is ,just in case ,regarding your request for a dietician, or any help at all ,would be nice. four years ago I was going down the same road as yourself, in shock,asking for help, looking at the pathetic diet sheet I had been given, so I started the 

Divi Diners  forum, only to find there were dozens of us floundering around with the FOOD ,do and don't list mostly don't's .It was like a door opening, with everybody joining in .So ,,may I suggest you have a look at the site,and if nothing else ,it will make you smile, and certainly show that you are not on your own.

Just Google Divi Diners. and off you go.

Jacqueline   

• Posted

Thank you so much, the only thing is i can,t seem to get a link for it, do you have one i can go straight to, tried to google it but don,nt seem to take me there, thank you so much for your help, with what i can EAT? And can,t, im so fed up with this bland food, then you get dr tell you go home and try every thing, he said if your in trouble the next day y8u know then you can,t eat it, not really helpful at all, im so worried about my weight loss, sadly my own gp and hospital don,t really want to know about this DD, which is making me a nervous wreck, again many thanks and to all you people that suffer with this complaint
  • Posted

I find something very funny or a heartwarming film to lose myself in.  Always does the trick!

Laughter is a great medicine in my opinion.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up