suffering with depression, anxiety and thoughts of suicide.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi There.last few weeks I have been getting really depressed. Thinking I am a loser, as I have a dead end job.dont go out with friends as to anxious and I have ocd so cant cope leaving the house as I think it will get messy in my absence.l enjoy my life at home with wife and kids.although kids are very hard work.but wudnt change it for the world. I find daily life hard having ocd, ibs, , anxiety and feelings of failure.i work as a cleaner.had my life made hard by a colleague at work.so gone on sick.i feel like I sudnt be here as no career or friends. Please please help . Thanks.

1 like, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

You are not a loser Im also a cleaner and people look down on me when I say it and I GET ANXIOUS about it but I know we are all the same no-one is better just because they have a better job,my colleague also had no respect for me but I dont care no more its there problem just like your colleague,just remember your wife and children love you and need you ,you are here for them and because you are a great person,stay positive.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Andrew, cherish your family and enjoy their company. Nobody as a perfect life. People on facebook tend to brag, show off. I do understand what you mean thou, as i feel people are having a better life then myself. I suffer anxiety and depression and struggle. I live alone so find it hard at times with no support. I have recently found a local group, meet ups in my area and i have managed to go out a couple of times. I have mobility problems as well which adds to my frustration. I would love a partner to cherish me and for me to cherish them, you have a wife and kids you love. We all have desires and dreams. Have you a collegue or neighour you could befriend and ask to go for a drink with. Make the first move. 

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Unfortunate for me Elizabeth I dont have a husband that cherish me and thats the reason for my depression in the past I dont care for material things I would give anthing for my husband to show me he loves me ,perhaps he doesnt anymore.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Rachel, I am sorry to hear that you don't feel your husband can show he loves you. My point was that some people have what we want. Andrew has a wife that he loves. I am without a partner and desire to have a loving man in my life. I was widowed at 29, i am now 58. My husband committed suicide and my world fell apart. I cherish my 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren. Our lives can change in an instant. Material things don't bother me, what i have is paid for. My depression is because of many things but my loss of health is something i cannot change. I like to try and help others on here. 

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I just wanted to ditto Elizaeth's remarks about how false life for other people can appear on Facebook. She is right, people only show us what they want us to see, and tend to brag. So Andrew, please never compare your life to those on FB. You're not getting the whole story just from a single posting.

You're fortunate that you have a family, so you have a place to start. If not happy, plan things with them. Go on walks, take a hike, a nice drive, take funny photos, watch a home movie, etc. Start to get to know your family as the special people they are.

Also, maybe get help/meds for your OCD? Cause as you know, even a messy house is your HOME.  I've lived with someone who has OCD, and it's tough to live up to their expectations all the time. Life is just too dang short....!! Maybe meds will help in a double way by easing your OCD and your depression.  But most importantly your family needs you, so always remember that you are vital. 

I wish you only the best. Hugs...Teri

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up