Suffering with health anxiety really bad does anyone else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have suffered with this for a long time but I have recently come off my anti depressants and it's got really bad. I'm constantly checking for lumps on my body especially my breasts. I don't know what to do I don't want to go on tablets again does anyone else have any advice please

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps you should see your doctor to arrange counselling and CBT.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've been doing this a lot lately myself! This sickness is terrible
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I suffered from this for two years, but my health issues are real. I had to tell myself that if I wanted to stay off anti depressants I needed to take myself in hand. I kept a diary of how I was feeling and reading over it showed me how I was over reacting. I was able to pinpoint triggers, and try to avoid them. Remember what you eat can also play a parti n it as well. stay off caffeine and chocolate and eat three good meals a day. rare I know but it is part oft he healing process.

good luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Just remember that its good to have a routine to look for lumps and bumps. Realistically we should all do it. Set yourself a time within 24 hours to examine yourself all over ONCE. Maybe in the morning or after a shower….having done that don't waste any more time in the next 23 hours worrying about it. Nothing dreadful is going to appear in that time….

What you should be doing is releasing your stress by eating well, not smoking, little alcohol and exercise. Plus a hobby maybe even reading to move your brain away from this obsession………the worst is very unlikely to ever happen…..

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up