Suicidal

Posted , 7 users are following.

I feel as if I am in the middle of the ocean frantically swimming looking for land but no land in sight. Someone has thrown me a lifebelt which is helping to keep me afloat but I am so exhausted in pain and every so often a huge wave washes over me and pulls me under but somehow I manage to surface again. I am just treading water and can see no land visible and no rescue as only I can get myself out of this awful place and the ability to fight it any more has gone. It is all so hopeless.

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Busy bee

I know how hard is is to live with depression.

Have you family or friends you can talk to?.

I presume your on medication maybe gio back and takl to your doctor and get the help you need and deserve.

You are not alone you are among friends here.

Consider therapy get to the root of your depression

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Thank you, my doctor has been very good, it is my family who are causing me the problems.
    • Posted

I am so sorry I know what it is like with family disputes I have been estranged from mine for nearly 20 years.

Stay Strong you are not alonecool

• Posted

Why are you suicidal? Why are you feeling this way?
    • Posted

I feel suicidal because although I was the sole care for my parents until they died and have for health reasons lived in the family home with my parents my sisters three of them, all with their own homes and families wanted me out the home but with  not enough of the estate from my parents to buy another house. I had to go to court to get more money, which I did, but they have put terrific pressure on me to get out and that is not easy when you have lived in your home for 60years. That is a brief summery of why I feel so desperate.
    • Posted

I am deeply sorry to hear what you have said. But let me tell you something: You are extremely strong to be where you are now and you can't just give up, it's just not an option.
  • Posted

dear busybee,

i am sorry. you must feel so overwhelmed, i can relate to the feelings in water. my dreams tell me i am totaly immersed,just breathing through a straw above the water. through talking about this with my counselor, i learned for me, that its extreme anxiety. you may have anxiety, but its sounds like you are very lost, very scared. no sign of rescuers. you must feel frightened, and those feelings break my heart for you. maybe you can process this with someone who can talk to you and get to the bottom of your thoughts. 

on another note, i find some depressed/troubled people are very creative or artistic. you have communicated so well about your feelings. you chose the best words to really get others to feel your expierience. do you journal? because you truly have a gift. are you a writer? please write some more when you can. i see a lot of talent and passion in you. 

i wish i could come up with some advice to help you. keep sharing your story. i hope someone here can help.

best wishes to you!,  from laura

• Posted

Thank you not I am not a writer just a lonely, sad 70year old struggling to keep going against tremedous pressure from her sisters.
  • Posted

How busybee

I know depression is truly exhausting and tricks you into believing you will never get better. Treading water is ok but sooner or later you will have to swim. (Sinking isn't an option!) Are you on antidepressants? If so your meds may need reviewing or adjusting. with the right treatment, you will 100% get better. Before long you will not only 'see land' you will be well enough to enjoy it. Try not to lose heart, i know its difficult but focus

on the things you will do once you are well. See your gp ASAP.

Wishing you better

god bless ♥

• Posted

Hi Busybee, sorry you are feeling so rotten just now. Hang in there it sounds like you are a very caring person and have been through alot. You can't help it that other people are reacting in a way that is causing you such distress. Keep going, you can do it, you have made it this far. I wish you well. cheesygrin
  • Posted

I'm feeling the same way, most of mine is my own making. I'm struggling to cope with my actions, and the result.

I'm struggling with guilt and remose, sometimes I can't cope so I try and take my life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.