Suicidal intentions

Posted , 8 users are following.

Really struggling thinking is this it this time? Really want to go. Got a plan just don't know when I'm going to act on it. 😢

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannahx

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Please don’t suicide....nothing good ever comes from it...I wish I knew how to help you....I wish you could see your self worth....and have the courage to fight for your happiness...like everything in life happiness doesn’t come easy...it’s a choice you make...today I will fight my illness off...and try and have a good day....some days are shittier than others but it does get easier....please don’t hurt yourself or hate your life or yourself...hate the people who have made u sad....

• Posted

Hannah, you don't have to do that. People sometimes have a plan. I did have, but it then turns out to much harder than you thought, and afterwards, you are glad it didnt work.  There is usually some sort of way to deal with stuff. Currently I'm quite ill physically. I have  a chronic condition which is quite hard to treat, which is painful practically every day, unless I just rest. But I still want to carry on and find a way through it.  Just to not be in pain would cheer me up alot. But I know how bad mental pain can be, I have had it. 

Please talk to someone you trust if thats possible. If not, talk to the Samaritans. I know GPs arent always the best people to see when the problem needs help quickly.

Take Care.

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

I know u have had some good advice & responses from folks on this forum who genuinely do care about u & want to help u. Please re-read some of those messages of love & support.

I know what it feels like to fight suicidal thoughts every single day. To look for just one sliver of hope in the tidal wave of crap that seems overwhelming. There is hope though - the tidal wave is mostly emotional/mental/physical pain & the suicidal urges are a desire to be free from the pain. Whatever thoughts are going through your mind, they are just thoughts & you don't have to act on any of them, however strong the urge. They seem like they control you, but u are the one in charge - try to restore control. Distract yourself with anything calming & soothing: music, exercise, a routine activity. Be kind to yourself. What would you say to your best friend in this position? Give yourself the same kindness & compassion you would give someone you love. I understand you are feeling at rock bottom. It's a cliché but the only way is up from here. I know the stuff that's causing u pain is very personal & u can't write about it publicly here, but ring someone u trust or message someone u have a connection with. There is always hope & help. Please don't give up on yourself. Don't let this be the last day, when it could be the first day of a new beginning. Give yourself another chance. Sending u positive thoughts, prayers & virtual hugs. Let us know how we can help u. xx

• Posted

I know what you're going through feeling like there's no point carrying on this cycle but you owe it to yourself to keep going. You've come this far so you're already so much stronger than you realise. Please message me anytime if you wanna talk or rant or anything at all. You're not alone in how you feel xxx

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

Get in contact with us & let us know u r OK & safe. x

• Posted

Thank you for letting us know that you are still with us. Take care of yourself & keep communicating with us. x

• Posted

Thanks Hannahx for keeping us posted. We really do care about you!! You have heard the saying, "you're making a permanent decision for a temporary situation?" Believe it or not as others have said things will get better it always does. Have you been to therapy are you open to that. How about antidepressants? We are here for you!! Diane

• Posted

Put off your suicide plan.  Every day when you wake up promise yourself this won't be the day you do it.  This then leaves you free of thinking about it that day and able to concentrate on other things.  After a while of doing this sometimes you go off the idea anyway.  I have put off my suicide this way for many years so it does work.  That's not to say I won't do it one day but not today.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.