Suicidal thoughts.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have some major anxiety issues, and I am tried of dealing with them. At first, I thought something was wrong with my heart. Next, I was afraid of pulmonary embolism. Then poison, and a whole lot of other things. Now I recently am deathly afraid of one of those chestbuster aliens from the movies, and I have drove myself insane. All I want to do is kill myself, and I am only 14. I don't want to deal with this anxiety anymore.

3 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had the same problems as far as thinking I have heart problems when it's really anxiety. It does get hard to deal with but there are ways to deal with it other than taking your own life. Things like exercise better diet there's a whole bunch of stuff out there that can help including some medications. It's hard to deal with I completely understand and just hope you know there are ways to help yourself. I have been battling anxiety for a few years now and it has slowly gotten better. I does take time but you can overcome it. Just know your not alone
    • Posted

I just can't take it, I freak out at almost everything I see fictional or real. I can't stop thinking about ending myself now. I feel so sad about everything and I am basically worthless. Ever since the anxiety started I have caused so many problems with my family and going to the E.R. 6 times, causing thousands in medical bills. I hate my life, and I want to be over with it.
  • Posted

It will pass honestly most of us have been and still are in ur boat. Chin up young man u have ur whole life ahead of u. Wer all here for u
    • Posted

I get freaked out by the dumbest things. I watched the alien movie and I thought that one of those things were inside of me.
    • Posted

Trust me an alien is not gunna come out your stomach your fine your gunna get past this then your gunna look back at this and think what the hell was i saying. Think about ypur family who love u. Make them proud but most of all yourself and fight this and youl be able to tackle anything in life. Neva give up
  • Posted

Hi Brandon,

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, especially at a young age. Unfortunately anxiety and depression seem to go hand in hand and I myself (and probably most of us) am struggling through the same thing, so you are definitely not alone in feeling this way. I strongly suggest you speak to a professional about your suicidal thoughts though.

In mean time just take each day, each moment as it comes- do something that makes you happy or distracts you, like read a book or exercise. Focus your attention on something else and every time you notice yourself slipping back into your anxious/suicidal thoughts say stop and quickly think about something else. It will become easier to do in time.

Suicide will prevent your future from getting any better, it's a permanent fix when you have still so much to live for. I was diagnosed with OCD at 8, and anxiety a few years ago- I've thought about ending my life too but I promise you things will and do get better! We're all here for you.

xx

• Posted

please stop witth suicidal thoughts, there are so many nice things in life to look forward to, and you are toooo young, so don't make some mistake because there is no way back
  • Posted

Dearest Brandon, you are in no way !!! Shape !!!.or form !!! Useless xx

Please never ever think that about yourself.....

You really must see your GP, and make him / her understand just how very. Very anxious and depressed you are... this problem has to be taken

Seriously..... you ought to be enjoying life at your age young man xxx

Get help as soon as you possibly, possibly can.... you can feel so much

Healthier and happier...-YOU DESERVE TO....LOVE, DEIRDRE XXX

• Posted

Brandon, from time to time everyone whether young or old suffers with strange thoughts and anxieties.

When a person is relatively young they tend to be more open to suggestions and lack the experience to be able to differentiate between real fears and those that are purely imaginary. In your case you have said you were worried about chestbuster aliens from the movies, but we both know that in real life there is no such thing, and there is absolutely no real evidence to suggest that aliens actually exist. The concept was thought up by writers and film makers so that people would take an interest in something they had done, and pay lots of money to read the book or see the film.

If you are ever frightened about potential health issues, then the thing to do is to discuss such matters with your doctor or your parents, rather than worry about something  imaginary that causes you to be anxious.

What I would say is that growing up is difficult enough without lots of unneccessay and completely wrong ideas.

If you ever do feel suicidal I would recommend phoning the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 or emailing them at jo@samaritans.org. The Samaritans are a completely confidential organisation and can be very helpful in putting people in touch with their true feelings, therby sorting out their lives.

• Posted

Hi Brandon, I can empathis, at one stage I wondered if my wife was an alien and how could I did prove it to myself! Now I wonder what I was getting anxious about.

You need to be able to speak to a professional councillor to learn how to deal with your irrational thoughts.

Your certainly not useless and you definitely won't go insane I can assure you of that.

If you really feel the need to end your life then you need to speak to someone, if your in the UK you can phone childline as they will listen and help you, they are not just there for abuse issues, alternatively Samaritans, MIND (sign up to Elifriends on the mind website, lots of young people your age on there going through similar experiences). 

Dont worry, your not mad, not bad and more importantly you will get better.

Neil 

• Posted

Your not the only one who gets freaked out by fiction things I do too I'm 22 and had anxiety since I was about 5 and panic attacks I have gad but it's more towards health anxiety now although I still have social anxiety and I'm very paranoid I also suffer depression.

It's hard to cope with and on and off will feel good then bad but it's part of you .You have to accept iyou have a life ahead of you we are all in the same boat you will get better and learn how to cope

• Posted

I am even worse today...
    • Posted

You won't get any better until you accept that this can't and won't hurt you believe me I still don't believe this but if you can just find something to take your mind off it I know it's hard but it will make anxiety less slowly ! Belive me you are not going to get rid of it in a day lol but find one thing that comforts you have you spoke to anybody in person about this aswell because it really helps a lot
    • Posted

Yes I have spoke to people about this, but they all say the same thing. Nothing helps me.
    • Posted

What is one thing that you used to enjoy and felt normal while doing ? You need to find one thing that used to make you happy at first it won't but it will start too
    • Posted

Even when I do things that I used to do the fears come up again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.