suicide

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have been taking mirtazapine for 6 days now. Before i started taking it i had thoughts that i wanted to kill myself and had only 1 way of doing it. Now today have woken up thinking im not going through this and am going to jump of a bridge, step out in front of a car. All these things i keep thinking about, when i go to do i just cant

My doc said i may feel worse before i feel better but this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please don't harm yourself. I know first hand how hard it is and painful. I don't remember how long it took to work for me as it was several years ago. What sort of doctor are you seeing, are you being offered any other help apart from drugs?
  • Posted

I have been told to go to a youth enquiry service (im 22) to get counselling but just dont want to do it, dont see what good its going to do.

I have been seeing my doc for about a month now and also the doc at work.

Ive had depression for awhile now but after i cut myself of from friends, they made me see my doc.

Just really fed up of feeling and thinking like this now

• Posted

Hi Sub6

Trust me you really do not want to kill yourself.

I attempted suicide some years ago and failed - all I remember when I came round was how lucky I had been to survive.

I know right now you don't feel lucky and you only have my word for it - but what can ~I say? I made a deliberate and damn good effort to end my life back then but now I am so glad I failed.

Li9fe hasn't been easy I don't deny that but in between the crap times I have some really good times that make up for the crap.

Give yourself time before you decide to end it all, once gone you can't come back.

Melbi x

• Posted

Withdrawing from people is a common symptom. I did the same, didn't want to go out or bother going on anymore and felt there wasn't any hope. I'm just saying this because I want you to know you to can get through this and feel better. Councelling helps some people and not others but I urge you to give it a try. Did you tell your doc you feel like harming yourself? Some GPs are good and some are useless, i had to change mine just to get any help. Do you drink or use any substances, I just mention this because they can stop medication doing its job and make depression worse. I also recommend looking at the mind website(mind.org.uk) because they know what they are doing and offer all types of help. best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.