Summer Toes

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hells Bells at 12 weeks and with the sun shining I decided id best do summat with my feet HMM easier said than done!!!!! it nearly killed me trying to do the toes on my TNR but im not stopping now. BUT the WORSE thing is ive found a leg hair growing out of my scar and I swear its longer than the hair on my head! !!!!!!!! Hell if pain and sleep deprivation aint bad enough ive got a leg and foot like a man lol lol Hey Ho onwards and upwards! !!

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have got a hairy scar as I feel funny about shaving over it yetΒ 
    • Posted

LOL I wish the hair on my head grew as quick lol im going to shave around the scar in the bath tonight and trim the rest I just hope it dont bung the plug hole up lol
    • Posted

I hate to say it, but it will be a long time of waiting if you don't just grab the razor and gently go at it. I don't know about you, but mine is still numb after 7 months. At first, I had them waxed. But it was scarier being in someone else's hands who didn't understand what I was feeling. Since then I've used a razo that has a thick built in cream, so it's a smoother, easier shave. So far, no nicks. smile
    • Posted

Pleased someone else has the numbness no onec has mentioned it I have a patch round my scar that is numb I'm 10 weeks post op, not sure how long it lasts.
    • Posted

LOL what a carry on!!! ive snipped em off now with some tiny nail scissors lol
    • Posted

Some will say theirs left at 6 months (which I was hoping for) and I've heard from others as long as 2 years. Though, I think I understood someone saying after 8 years there is still some numbness...not the track I want to be on.
    • Posted

Mine is still numb to left of the scar will have to take a deep,breath and have a go
    • Posted

I have a patch on the left which is slowly slowly returning but my cons said sometimes it never comes back??
    • Posted

Same here but was told that the feeling may never come back. I think it must be where the nerves have been severely damaged. 😟
    • Posted

I think the numbness might last for ever. Β My thigh and the outside of the knee are numb. . the knee, totally, the thigh partially. Β 20 weeks last Friday, and still as bad as the first day . . .Β 
  • Posted

thank goodness I am not alone, at least we can laugh. About it, they should supply us with a can of WD 40 to squirt in the knee each morning to get us going, I'll never pass a MOT at this rate.
    • Posted

That's what keeps me going is the fact that we can laugh and turn a bad feeling into a good one ... even down to shaving legs!!! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
  • Posted

Lol ... The joys of summer!! At least in the winter we can hide our man legs!! Funnily enough I noticed yesterday (on the train to work!) how hairy my scar was so I very gently shaved it this morning and it was fine!! The painting of the toes was a bit trickier but managed it in the end!! We had better have s nice summer after all this extra stress!!! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ
    • Posted

I no what a carry on lol ive snipped mine off now but still strugglin with the toes and I bet after all this its not fit for sandals tom lol
    • Posted

ive done me toes lol not exactly salon standard but they look better now lol so worth the pain!!!!!
    • Posted

Just slap some surgical tape over it and let u t set up for a few hours then give it a good fast rip. Hair, scar, screaming and swearing. Every emotion known to mankind all bundled in that one moment of female vanity. I had radiation on that knee at the beginning of my problems and it's been bald ever since so I've never thought of having hair grow out of the scar.
    • Posted

lol you always make me laugh, ive snipped em off now so I feel more human ha ha
    • Posted

I wish I had your bravery, the thoughts of a razor around the scar is totally cringe making!
    • Posted

ha ha .. I was a bit scared when I did it but had to bite the bullet because I couldn't stand having such hairy legs!!! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
    • Posted

ey clarkey ive gone the whole hog tonight lol ive used Dove tanning moisturiser on my legs and low and behold whats the weather for tom GRRRRRR R
    • Posted

Ha ha ... that is Sod's law!!! I bet you feel better now though? Weekend is looking ok so you can get your legs out tomorrow instead!! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ xx
    • Posted

Dave was going mad today cos I had my faithful joggers rolled up!!!!!! I said I darent wear my shorts he said I should be proud of my scar????? might risk them this weekend???? at least there hair free and trendy toes lol
    • Posted

Definitely wear your scar with pride!!! It's the least you can do after this bleeding operation!!! I want everyone to see mine but because the surgeon glued it it hardly shows!!!! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.