Sunburn feeling on leg?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, as you guys know, I've been doing better and trying to maintain my better ways. I noticed something yesterday morning when I woke up. My right leg has a sunburn type feeling on it when I rub against it. It feels like it's more irritated because of the hairs being rubbed on my leg. I don't know what that is but it only appeared when I woke up yesterday morning. It has happened once before but went away the next day. I haven't went to sleep yet so I don't know if it will change anything, but I'm going to see.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I wonder if we are not just more sensitve to sensations like this? I woke up two days ago and it felt like i had hit my funny bone and the back of my arm right above had that funny feeling of somewhat numb like when you do hit your funny bone.  I have noticed it on and off for the last two days the sensation.  I image what happened is that I laid on my arm in a way that pinched the nerve that travels over your elbow, but of course, like you, I have tried to convince myself it is something more.  I am sure most "normal" people wouldnt thing twice about these minor sensory things, but I can sure name about 25 that I have obsessed over only to realize they went away on thier own without me even noticing!!  biggrin

• Posted

Its your nerves. Your actual nerves over sensitized. I do know what you are feeling. I think many with anxiety have experineced some form of it. Either sensitive to touch, having a reaction to touching a material or an an allergan..a sensory processing issue kind of thing..anyway yes it can be a part of an anxiety disorder and just go away when the nerves calm down. There is something called fibromylegia as well. age plays no role in fibromylegia. But you note it comes the. Goes, which is good! So write it off to frazzled nerves, literally oversensitized nerves. Not the ones in your mind, the nerves in your body. If at anytime a rash appears or raised bumps it can be hives or if older the onset of shingles. But most likely it is frazzled nerves and will go as weird as it came. Thats my guess on this.i have experienced it. burning sensations are usually the nerves. Irratated and inflammed nerves.
    • Posted

Sadly but realistically the body keeps score and does get effected by chronic state of anxiety.
    • Posted

Lastly if it happens a lot tell you go you want to be sure it is not from the medications you use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.