SuperPath Hip Replacement after having scoliosis spinal fusion.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I would like to hear from people who have had the SuperPath Hip Replacement. I am especially interested in hearing about any NEGATIVE aspects of this type of surgery, side effects, etc. I am especially interested in hearing from anyone who has had prior **scoliosis spinal fusion- ** the hardware/screws extend into the sacrum. I have bone on bone and now need THR- which took only 2 months to progress! Thank you![t

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had superpath right Jan 18 left May 18 I am afraid I can't be much help to you as to date the only negative aspect of this has been the fact I had to self fund the treatment but I don't really see that as negative as you can't put a price on your health, I have been totally pleased and happy with the outcome to date.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your responses! I have only heard good things about SuperPath and I just want to make sure of any downsides. Next week I have appointments with our local SP surgeon and also a highly recommended MD who does the anterior method of THR.

• Posted

superpath hip replacement is only another approach to hip replacement by sparing the muscles smaller incision. however not all the joint area is visable to the surgeon.

this may be a choice . posterior vs direct anterior approach hip replacement . its best to ask a surgeon which he has preferred and does many hip surgeries , best senario at a large hospital with a pre and post surgery program. ive had three hip joint replacement surgeries and each one is different but the recovery is the same. time, patience and walking.

thr surgery is tricky with many of us who have back/ knee issues. the best thing i could suggest is to ask the surgeons to review your issues and ask for the best type of approach and outcome with your converns and issues . be certain that the thr surgeon has your info from the back surgeon . meet with your back surgeon if necessary to discuss the best senario available.

• Posted

Good reply! Nothing is certain in surgery so don't be afraid of talking to different surgeons at different treatment centers.

Do your homework on the best surgeon as in the end regardless of the method It is the skill of the surgeon that really counts.

Don't be swayed by if you like them as a person as in reality you are only likely to interact with them for a few minutes and for the rest of the time you will be sedated! All the best. Richard

• Posted

Beware there are a few ill informed people on this forum who for some reason are very critical of Superpath for me it was and is brilliant I was driving after a week and back at work after 2, I am not alone in finding superpath excellent its called progress

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.