Supplements?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya everyone!

Been for a lush walk today and popped into a health shop local to me, i wasnt expecting much really but the lady was lovely in there, gave me loads of advice to do with weight loss, and helping your metabolism!

I have discovered that you can take green tea tablets instead of/aswell drinking the tea....YEY :lol: (although guidelines should be followed as you can overdose)!! From what i have read it has all the same benefits as the liquid form.

She also gave me a tip about eating a couple of brazil nuts each morning to help with metabolism and energy levels, also helps prevent weight gain!They are high in fat tho, but as im already on a low fat diet i should be ok, gonna see how it goes. anyone already doing this?

Has anyone heard of chromium picollinate? anyone taking it? It's marketed as a weight loss supplement because it aids the body in metabolising fats and is sometimes used as an appetite suppressant! i did buy it and im researching it, but im not convinced :!: Any thoughts?

Just wondering if anyone else takes any supplements which they think helps weightloss, appetite, metabolism??

Sian

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not heard of Chromium Picollinate. Had a quick look on the net. I wonder if it might be too much for the body to cope with at the same time as our blue tabs?

Good news about the green tea tabs, will see if I can get some lunchtime, thanks for the tips.

Think it's time to get some multi vitamins too. I thought it was suggested as you may not eat a balanced diet, only noticed today that the tabs may stop you absorbing some vitamins as well as fat.

• Posted

I have also heard that Sea Kelp is a good suppliment to try.
  • Posted

if you take supplements/vitamins its usually best to take these before bed so they can be absorbed as its the longest period of time in a day when you're not on your tablets
  • Posted

Yeh not sure on the chromium, although the lady in the shop was really bigging it up, more than any of the stuff i bought actually! i may run it by the gp first i think, im seeing her a week thursday.

No problem sally, i was over the moon finding those green tea tabs lol! Yeh multivitamins will be next on my list, after doing a little research for those other things it seems logical that we may become deficient in certain vitamins and minerals.

Yeh kelp is also in the literature i have, she mentioned it briefly too!

Yeh good idea sparkles! Although im sure the green tea and chromium says to take with food, so i will have to look into that. Gonna run them all by the gp next week anyway smile

• Posted

Hi, let me know how you get on with the green tea tablets. Have just been looking on line at them, and there seems to be some side effects. Quite a few reports of people feeling queer on them. As I am diabetic was wondering how this would effect me, as a lot of people report their sugar levels going really low whilst taking the tabs. Will try and get back to drinking green tea for now.

Mandy

• Posted

Sure, i have been drinking the tea without any side effects so i should be ok on them!

Gonna check with doc anyway. so far i feel fine smile

lots of different side effects have been reported, its quite mixed i think, whether any of it is actually down to the tea, who knows lol!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.