Surely ive suffered enough

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all well i thought i might give an update on being off mirt.

I was on it from November started at 15mg then from feb just 7.5 as was making me to drowsy. So just around 4 weeks ago i was told to come off the start back on old ad after a few days. I was fine for a few days then let's just say my life has been literally ended unable to go to work. It started with what i thought was a tummy bug or so i thought but it just got progressively worse to the point the pain was 24/7. Back and forth to doctor in agony diagnosed with different things from diverticulitus to which was given antibiotics and had a severe allergy to which i had a suicidal meltdown. Wnet to hospital that night and psychiatric nurse was convinced my breakdown was down to be in so much pain and my body not being able to deal with it. She advised i go to a and e. So i did and was sent home with dihydrocodeine as thiught it was kidney stone. Bad reaction to that was unable to get out of bed the whole day being sick and in pain. Rushed to hospital on the monday morning on a fluid drip and another 3 further bags. Spent a week in hospital had ultrasound blood tests ct scan but all negative yet still in agony unable to eat for pain. They were at a loss and last monday was sent home. So last wed back i go still in agony to doctors and told to stop my ad and start sertraline today but im just no better at all and too scared to start this as side effect is nausea and sickness. My anxiety is through the roof with the pain and nausea. I have another app this morning as dont know what else to do. Does anyone have any insight. This all seems to have stemmed from coming off mirt but surely my pain would have gone by now.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Isnt that much that should have said of course.  Some people are on 45mg plus
    • Posted

15 xanax! Is that like diazepam. I only had a 2mg diazepam and 10 mins after id taken it i was out of it. Its funny how some drugs affect others differently. Im intolerant to alcohol have been ever since i had m.e 7 years ago. Even a couple of drinks and im ill for several days. Funny how you mention b12 i get b12 injections every 12 weeks have doen for 10 yrs.

Feeling really weird today but putting it down to the start up of mirt again do you think? Thanks for being here to talk to its been a saving grace xx

• Posted

I think the liver has a lot to do with how we feel and what we can take in the way of drugs and alcohol.  I wonder if you have pernicious anemia or that you have a low instrinsic factor or whatever it is called.  I started taking it because I dont eat meat and as you get older I think B12 is lacking.  I was fine on the dropper under the tongue but it was expensive and so I went for some cheaper ones on Amazon, it was a bit expensive as the initial outlay but lasted for six months supply.  They were sublingual as well as when you swallow them, 25% is lost in the stomach whereas under the tongue it goes into the bloodstream straight away.  Anyway, I felt a bit odd the day I took one but didnt take any notice.  It was a friend who said are you taking anything different, I had taken them for a week by then.  Anyway, when I checked apart from the hundreds of five stars (which I have my doubts over) there were 9 one star, all saying they didnt like the taste (the big sooks) but one man said be warned these are 1000mcg and one is the equivalent to 300 times the RDA.  Not taking any more.  Codeine make me feel queasy too.  Xanax, bromazepam and diazapam are all benzodiazapines or some of them.  Xanax is very strong much stronger than diazapam.  The latter is used for pain and muscles as well but again doctors are reluctant to prescribe for longer than a couple of weeks as they dont want their pants sued off for getting people hooked.  Xanax has been banned in this country and recently there was a study about the number of suicides caused through this.  Initially about 3 or more years ago, I would take just half a one at night and once my head hit the pillow I was gone until about 6 the next morning.  Did that twice a week whilst I had all the worry of my dad so at least I slept two nights a week.  However, come last Bank holiday and the racing heart and nausea plus a dreadful noisy neighbour with this awful child I had to sleep in the back room again and started taking half every night and then 1 a night and then you know the rest.

​Take care, I know what it is like being on your own.  I sometimes feel like an orphan even at my age, no mum and dad who were the only ones who really cared about me and now I am responsible for four cats (two rescue ones from Greece).  My best friend who ran the charity died just over two years ago, then I fell out with my daughter and dad died in January this year so it has been a horrible time.  I would cope better for it not for the fear of breaking a bone every day with this darned osteoporosis.

​Going to get some dinner now, yuck, dont feel like it with pain in back etc.  Stay in touch xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.