Surgeon took huge vial of blood out today ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! Update on the swelling . Went to Surgeon today . He took a huge vial of blood out and said " what happened ". I said I'm just living my life ! Lol ! It was sooooo painful . Anyone ever had that done ? Where the blood come from I wonder ?He said he could do cortisone shot in 3 weeks if I wanted ? Why would I want that ? Anyway I've been iceing all day. It's really really sore from what he did . The nurse talked to me about what I should and should not be doing as far ad exercise , wearing heels etc. hoping I am on my way to getting back to where I was before all this .

Debbie

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear you went through this.  How long has it been since your KRS?

• Posted

Hi Duckfan

Thank you .May 19 year anniversary PKR. Just all the sudden swelled up real bad . Finding out you always need to be cautious not to overdo it . Hoping that's all it is .

Debbie

• Posted

Perhaps your prosthetic has an infection- it's unclear if you've had a TKR but if you have I would suspect an infection.

You need to ask what the blood test was for x

• Posted

Hi Mary

Yes had PKR one year ago .

The Doctor didn't do a blood test the swelling I had was all blood swelling. He was taking out fluid which ended up being blood . In other words my knee was filled with blood.

• Posted

Oh no, sorry to hear that... shot would be a pain relief treatment?
  • Posted

Doesn't cortisone slow healing?  I don't know how it would affect it at all, but I'd check up on it if I were you.  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.