Surgery?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can an anterior repair of a mild cystocele completely remove the bulge ? Mines mild but symptoms are around urethra and small uncomfortable bulge close to entrance will surgery rid me of this ? TIA

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun,

Surgery is the only way to to fix a prolapse, however around 30% can fail andbim just the unlucky one. I had my anterior repair last April and bit Pretty much went a few weeks later. I was very very cautious but it just happened. I am know under a wonderful urogynacologist in wales and I'm certain he will sort me one once and for all..I'm very positive right now and must holdvthat thought.. Its emotionally affected me like nothing ever have. I will say one thing, do your pelvic floor squeezes as they will really help your leaking without doubt. Like yuou my small bulge is in the front and I can feel it when I move up if laying down..its horrible. Good luck hun.x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply . Have you done anything that could make it failnor maybe eds ? I have had a successful posterior repair but need anterior repair and I fear failure as I read too many horror stories . Was your surgeon a urogyn? Mine is a urogyn and very good at her job but I wish she had done both a and p together. She said as I'm only 34 she wanted to see me get back to sex without pain and as my cystocele is mild wait and see. 

It is mild but sooo symptomatic .

when is your next repair and best of luck x

• Posted

Hi,

Yes my consultant was a urogynacologist, I've done years of research before I went ahead. A gynaecologist isn't qualified enough in my eyes to do pelvic floor. I've been on thius forum for a year now and matron will tell you how good I was while recovering. I need nothing but small walks around the garden first 2 weeks. My husband was wonderful and I didn't lift a finger lol. Even now I won't hoover and still paranoid about bending,no lifting anything heavier than a 4pint of milk, just to scared. The only thing I can think of is my tissues were weak love but I am now on vagifem for will reverse any thinness and will thicken the walls up. I guess I was just unlucky although ii knew after a couple of weeks it ferlt weird and not right. You know your own body don't you love. Anyway on a positive note my new consultant is one of the best in country from all the feedback I've had from friends and professionals so all I can do is pray lol. A lot of consultants won't do both together as it may make the vagina to tight,mine won't to it.lots of love xx

• Posted

Hello. Don't read negative information on the internet if you have a cystocele the bulge will be removed. After the operation you'll be swollen for quite a few weeks but that does settle and there's no reason why there should be any problems. Make sure you're referred to a urogynaecologist and read the information on the Genitourinary Home page especially the Useful Resources.

• Posted

Hi hope you are ok? Who has diagnosed you with a mild cystocele? I just wonder as many months and gp visits I was told my prolapse was discomfort from the inguinal hernia I had or the ovarian cysts I had or maybe I had internal 'piles' or it was my endometriosis but after nearly two years mygp diagnosed mild cystocele. I was referred for female physiotherapy after months of waiting and a few months of treatment for a mild cystocele I went back to the gp as it wasn't helping and got referred to urogynaecologist, when I got appointment she said she couldn't see cystocele but I had grade 2/3 rectocele! A few months later I'm recovering from posterior repair and the findings on op were grade 3 rectoenterocele was found and grade 1uterine prolapse, this was initially found by gp as mild cystocele. Hope you get the help you need! Take care x

• Posted

My urogyn diagnosed it. I've had a posterior repair and she gave me a wait and see with the cystocele as it looks mild. 

Its uncomfortable tho and I'm now suffering more stress incontinance and feel my insides gonna come out as I have a cough

Do you not have a cystocele at all then ?x

• Posted

Oh poor you sad Why did they not do anything to help when you had the posterior repair? In answer to your question I don't know if I had/have a cystocele, I had symptoms of it but the copy of the letter sent to my gp from urogynaecologist a few weeks ago just said tthose details, I will only speak to uurogynaecologist next week at my post op check so I'll let you know. I know you are at risk of other prolapses after you have had surgery but you already had one it seems a little unfair that nothing was done but as I am not a urogynaecologist I do not know why! Good luck for you to finally recover. I just hope things y keep ok with me even though I currently feel like it has failed! I am reassured on here that it feels like that during recovery but I am scared of how my check up next week will go! Take care x

• Posted

She said as it's mild she would rather add surgery than do too much in one go. Let me know how your post op appointment goes x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.