Surgery advice needed for hemrohiods

Posted , 2 users are following.

teral Internal Sphincterotomy surgery after fissure your experiencecs?

Ras 07

Has anyone had a chronic fissure that was treated by surgery. Please tell me your experiences (good or bad) after surgery. After the surgery how long did you have unbearable pain.

I need to undergo this surgery as well

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I would like to hear story from experiences from surgery. I have surgery for hems and a fissure. I'm scared.

• Posted

Remember everyone is different with healing and pain. Your first BM is sore but just let it take its time. Take the medication that you are given for BM. I was given lactulose and fybogel and drank lots of water. After each BM I had a shower then changed it to sitting in a hot bath. For pain I was given paracetamol and dihydrocodeine. I had four internal and two external removed in October last year. Every day is different for everyone. When I went back to see my surgeon in December my surgeon told me my operation was difficult. Just remember everyone's operation is different and their healing is different. I read every story on this site and was dreading the operation, but for me it was not as bad as some people. Remember to wear pads as you do have some leakage. For breakfast I ate bran flakes and added either raspberries or blackberries. Also eat a high fibre diet and drink plenty of water. I took short walks and built this up. When you have a BM do not force it just let it take its time. Drink lots of water.

• Posted

Thank u Mary. I'm scared. I'm having fissure surgery hem surgery and recycle surgery. My colon prolapse which causes constipation which caused my hems pain. I now have bad pains when BM I have to soak and take pain pills. So surgery I hope will make things better. I can't imagine what BM will be like after surgery because I have such a bad time now. My prolapse gives me pockets so it hard to eliminate all at one time. It leaves me hurting like crazy. I do eat oatmeal in the morning and I eat well no red meats. In fact I fix things like split pea soup. Still rock hard BM. So I am really fearful of thinking to have a BM after surgery.

• Posted

They will give you stool softener to take after the operation. I was scared too after the operation as I read alot of what people had been saying. Do not force it just let it take its time. If you have any problems you should be given a phone number for the hospital. Take If you do not live alone. Where is your operation being done?
    • Posted

Yes Mary I live alone. My sister will stop by after work to bring me food. I live in Virginia. My parents live close by but they are in their 80s. My dad still drives. I hate living alone. But I haven't met any singles since my husband left 8 yrs ago. I will spend one night in hospital. I will post my experience so others can read. This fissure is horrible. It got me down yesterday. I hurt all day after my morning BM. I missed work @ pain pills didn't help. I called Dr. And they gave me something stronger. Where do u live? In the US?

• Posted

I live Scotland. Just stay positive about it all. When is your operation?
    • Posted

My surgery is April 16th. I'm trying to stay positive. It's been great talking with u. I hope u hang with me while I go thru this.

• Posted

What hurt the worst, the internal or external? I have externals.
    • Posted

I will keep talking to you. I had four internal removed cut out the external the doctor called tags. I did have bleeding sometimes when I had a BM. No bleeding after the operation but he did tell me I could when I went back to him in December.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.