surgery booked

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

After a hellish few months of excruating pain,and an over night stay in hospital, blood tests scans, x-rays and an mri i am finally getting my gallbladder removed :lol:i was in hospital on monday for a pre-assement and i am a pass for surgery :P they said i would have at least a 2 month wait, but luckily for me there has been a cancellation on the 30th of August and i am filling that place smile dont think i have ever been so excited as this pain is getting unbearable, any tips any has for before or after surgery would be greatly appreciated xx

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That is good news!! Like you I also passed the pre med I had yesterday and am now waiting to hear date for op - have been told within next 6 weeks.

Will be scared/tearful/wanting to run when my date comes through post but know this is what i need to get my life back on track - wish you loads of good luck for surgery and can only be a good thing for us once we get these awful things out for good. yay!!!!

smile

• Posted

shells good luck for the 30th.

lisiilee fingers crossed for a surgical date soon.

vix

• Posted

op today cant believe i am so excited smile
  • Posted

Tell us how you are feeling :D
  • Posted

Hi all

got the op monday afternoon, ended up getting the single incision :P a little bit tender where the gallbladder used to be only to be expected i guess and alittle sore when getting on off chair bed etc with belly buttton wound,i have been managing to eat and drink normally, just feeling a little more tired than usual i will keep you updated on recovery

This is the best thing i have ever had done smile

shelley xxx

• Posted

Well done. Have a good recovery.
  • Posted

i am glad all went well - take it easy.

vix

• Posted

well done glad all went well. me next fr op hopefully!

yes, please keep us posted as am starting to worry now my operation date letter is due in post sometime soon! hope you have speedy recovery! & hope i dont chicken out!

smile

• Posted

As it has been some months since you have had the op I am just curious as to how things are now?
  • Posted

mr9000

hi

things now are amazing although from time to time if i have over done it on fatty food, i seem to get a little niggly pain, in the same area as before, and sometimes creamy sauces etc dont agree with me and i need the toilet quite urgently :oops:

all in all it was the best desicion i ever made getting the op.

shelley xx

• Posted

[quote:ef512e4dae=\"shells\"]mr9000

hi

things now are amazing although from time to time if i have over done it on fatty food, i seem to get a little niggly pain, in the same area as before, and sometimes creamy sauces etc dont agree with me and i need the toilet quite urgently :oops:

all in all it was the best desicion i ever made getting the op.

shelley xx[/quote:ef512e4dae]

Did you need to stay in hospital for any length of time?

Also when you first had the appointment with the surgeon did he order any other scans prior to making the decision for GB surgery or had these been done by a previous consultant?

When you used to get pain before you had your GB removed did you ever find that by lying down would often ease the pain?

I find the pain I get most of the time starts at the top right hand side from inside not front, can be left hand side, or between both shoulder blades which makes me feel terrible.

• Posted

hi, i had an overnight stay in hospital, i was last op of the day!!

I has an ultrasound and an mri scan done before i got my gallbladder removed.

In the end before my gallbladder was removed i could not even drink water i was in agony all the time, i spent most of the time doubled over and extremely well medicated, lying down did help from time to time but the op was the best thing i ever did, and the nhs were the best i could have dealt with dont think i could have been treated better if i was in a private hospital, everything was very well explained, i didnt ask about the state of my gallbladder after it was removed because quite frankly i didnt care it was gone.

thanks shelley

• Posted

[quote:5086867686=\"shells\"]hi, i had an overnight stay in hospital, i was last op of the day!!

I has an ultrasound and an mri scan done before i got my gallbladder removed.

In the end before my gallbladder was removed i could not even drink water i was in agony all the time, i spent most of the time doubled over and extremely well medicated, lying down did help from time to time but the op was the best thing i ever did, and the nhs were the best i could have dealt with dont think i could have been treated better if i was in a private hospital, everything was very well explained, i didnt ask about the state of my gallbladder after it was removed because quite frankly i didnt care it was gone.

thanks shelley[/quote:5086867686]

If you don't mind me asking but who arranged the MRI scan? was it your GP, or Gastro consultant, or the surgeon prior to the op?

• Posted

I think it was the consultant at hospital that organised it, i was admitted with severe abdominal pain, in the middle of an attack, that no painkillers seemed to touch it sad whilst there i had an ultrasound, although i had one previous to this, and i also had an x-ray, as well as the usual blood tests.

Hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks for replying.

It's funny but I managed to get a CT scan, but only because I went to a private consultant for a second opinion, and I asked him for a CT scan, he said ok, but I think he said ok as he thought I was going to have that done as private too, but I said I wanted to go to NHS for this, and he couldn't say no at that point, but as I say it cost me to get that scan.

Prior to your op, did you get pains along your back and sometimes on the left hand side?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.