Surgery complications.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've recently had my gallbladder emergency removed I've been living with gallstones for the better part of 2and a half years now.

That is until recently it became infected and made me very ill to put it simply.

I've been done with the surgery for the last 5 days and I can honestly say that it's been a nightmare im still in the hospital because I can't seem to shake the fever and it's been excruciatingly painful and I've been hurt quite a few times and I would say that I'm usually a trooper when it comes to these things but this has been brutal.

And I know that I am to blame for letting it get this bad and the chances are higher for cases of infection to have complications.

Right now I'm completely bloated I haven't passed gas in a week and a bowel movement would be like the second coming.

Has anyone else been though something similar and do you have any advice for me because I'm struggling right now thanks for reading this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI Robert,

I feel really bad for you. Here I am complaing about not being able to eat with out what comes next either running to the bathroom every 5 minutes or most of the time my stomace. It hurts so much that I am so scared to eat anything as i do not know how I will feel. I had mine out about 15 days ago when i went to the ER. they thought i was having a heart attack. kept me for 4 days and so many tests. I really do not know how do you know when you have a GB problem? My doc said mine was horribe and it was infected, swollen and alot more. He also said if i did not come in when I did I would of been in a excrutionating pain. did you have trouble eating when you went home. they told me i had to eat a fat free diet. I do not like this, and want it over with. I take sleeping pills to be able to sleep. I have a hot water bottle on my stomache. I am sorry to go on about me. This is about you. why cn they not give you something for the gas and and ennama or something. you should not have to be suffering like this.  I wish they knew how to make you better there. I may end up back in the ER as I do not eat and I hate my stomache. Read alot more on here as so many more people have had these problems and I hope one of them will have the right answer for you. Please let us know how you are. I hope and pray that this all goes away for you.

Terry

• Posted

I started eating fruit after the 3rd day not because I was feeling hungry the pain and the fever didn't let that happen but fruit is pretty easy to eat especially cold they were giving me fruit salad which wasn't very good because it's out of season but I didn't mind it to much. My sister even brought me fruit cups I tried to drink lots of water i also had some vegetables and pasta delivered the general rule of thumb is 3 grams of fat per serving I've been really good with food i lived with the stones for a long time and learned a lot about what to eat during that time.

As far as my situation I'm still in the hospital and threatened to sign myself out if they didn't start trying to figure out what the problem is. Which bought me a cat scan to see if there's still any infection in don't know why it took all of that for them to start trying to find out what's wrong.

• Posted

Hi Robert,

I hope they find out what is causing all your pain. It took them 3 days after many test to know it was my GB to come out. Have you been drinking alot of water or anything else? I wish I could say the same thing that I knew how to eat and know how much to eat without this horribile pain in my stomache. It is already 1:30 and I have not left the house yet to go food shopping as it hurts even on my side. I hate this. and I feel for you as you are worse of than me. I looked on line I do not know how to count calories or anything all I know is my Doctor told me to only eat fat free i have hardly eaten in two weeks I am calling him in the am tomorrow. I am going and get it over with. I hope they find your problem real soon. 

Terry

• Posted

Hi, Robert,

Sorry to learn you've been having these troubles.  I hope you've had a better day today.  

Please let me know how you're doing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.