Surgery for abdominal muscle tear?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've posted earlier that after almost one year of mistaken diagnosis of diverticulosis, stones, hernia, pinched nerves from spinal stenosis etc. by process of elimination we've concluded I have a torn lower abdominal muscle or the tissue that holds the muscle to your lower ribs.

Question? 

After a year, I'm now advised I must remain still for six weeks to give the year a chance to heal. It's been a year since I must have torn the tissue. 

I'm beginning to question the likelihood that resting after this long will remedy the situation. 

Has anyone here had surgery for an abdominal tear?

It's supposed to be the last resort. Any anecdotal advice?

I'm ready to sew this thing up and get my life back.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Your Doctor could recommend a steroid injection at the site of the tear. If rest, icing it, physical therapy does not provide relief, surgery should be used as a last resort, but recovery takes 10 weeks or more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.