Surgery scheduled for next week

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well here we are at last! My op ( Sacrospinous Fixation and Rectocele Repair ) is scheduled for next Tuesday morning. Had my pre op assessment yesterday and everything was good. Having to travel 100 odd miles to the hospital, so really hoping things don't get cancelled last minute!  Have found the advice and support of this forum invaluable, Thank You...... Now just nervously awaiting the ' big' day' cry

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Had same two procedures last June and it was absolutely fine. You will be too. Good luck.
  • Posted

All the very best. Heed all advice on the huge amount of rest required post-op. Make sure they give you all the advice you need. 
  • Posted

Well ladies. All done went well and I'm back home today, just 2 days after the surgery. As expected I have the dreaded 'buttock pain' but have coped with just paracetamol and Ibupfofen. I wanted to avoid any painkillers such as codeine, that was going to make me  prone to constipattion. Having a BM is the main issue for me at the moment, so am taking lactulose, lots of fibre and water so fingers crossed it will happen soon !
  • Posted

My Bestie friend had sacrospinous fixation (& hysterectomy) & said the bum pain felt like she had been kicked by a horse deep inside.
    • Posted

Good description! Do you know how long before that pain went away ?
  • Posted

She didn't have it for a long long time. Maybe weeks only. I can ask her though. I will post here if I remember to ask her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.