Posted , 7 users are following.
So unless hospital cancels again I'm having my gallbladder out tomorrow. I have a few questions some probably quite silly!
1. Can you wear deodorant on the day and brush teeth in the morning?
2. Can you wear underwear during the surgery (obviously not bra!)
3. How will I feel when I wake? Eg could you breathe ok did you have oxygen on you, did you feel dizzy/drunk (I have anxiety so want to prepare myself for what's normal so I don't panic)
4. How long after you woke did you go home? How did you feel going home still groggy? Sick in pain?
5. What painkillers did you take? I was told I wont be provided with any painkillers to take home and to just buy paracetamol and ibuprofen! I do have some tramadol left at home and codydramol but have read its not good to take codeine after gallbladder removal as it can cause the same pain as a gallbladder attack.
6. Did you get any sleep that night how did you get comfortable?
7. When did you feel able to walk to the shops and go on a train journey. (I would like to go to an open day for a school where we are moving too but it is a 2.5 hr train journey,I would stay at my mils house this is 6 days after operation?
Thankyou sorry so many questions I'm so nervous.
0 likes, 39 replies