Surgery vs alternative

Posted , 14 users are following.

This is a no brained . Go Dr Levine at Rush Hospital in Chicago. 95% plus or minus to cure your hydrocele problem with out surgery . Aspirated with injection of dyoxicyclin is just as good as surgery !! 

Mine was 750 cc 'a or 28 ounces !!! Gone in three  months !! 

Guys repeat this is a no brained !!  

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Aspirated Hydroceles will return as fast as they were taken away. The only way to remove a hydrocele is through surgery. I had the operation in July 2017. Best thing I ever did. 100% back to normal.
    • Posted

Not true, read Francis and Levine's (2013) article published in the Journal of Urology, titled 'Aspiration and sclerotherapy: a nonsurgical treatment option for hydroceles' (abstract can be viewed on PubMed; Dr. Levine has the entire article posted on his website). Francis and Levine's 'aspiration and sclerotherapy' intervention seems highly effective, long-term, in most cases.

• Posted

Not so my friend! Aspirated hydroceles are guaranteed to return in as little as two weeks. You think you are out of the woods but you are right back where you started. The section in the scrotum that is leaking needs to be surgically  repaired. Aspiration is a TEMPORARY option. Get the surgery. No more worries!
    • Posted

I'm not referring to aspiration, I'm referring to aspiration WITH SCLEROTHERAPY. It's the sclerotherapy that stops the leaking. This is explained in Francis and Levine's (2013) article.

• Posted

Yes the aspiration is only temporary but the point is , the sclerosis therapy is just as effective as surgery . I would do it twice before surgery . There is the medical business and the medical profession . One is $300 and the other is 3000 plus with higher complication rate . Both are almost equal in effectiveness. 
  • Posted

I spent a year researching this treatment with studies from around the world. It is a no-brainer. Just had sclerotherapy done with 3% Phenol a few days ago. For those of you in the western US, try Dennis Mitchell PA at St George Urology in St George, UT. He did a great job. Don't know if it worked yet but to have a 60-70% chance of getting rid of this thing first try, a few hundred bucks, no pain, and going about my regular activities same day, it was so worth it. He said the few times he had done it, two of the three didn't come back. Another guy who'll do it is Dr Adams in Cedar City, UT. My wife spoke with his office and he said the one time he did it, the guy was in pain for a few days but the hydrocele didn't come back. It's a waiting game for me but had such a good experience I'd do it again. Have follow up appointment scheduled in January. Good luck everyone.

• Posted

Hi Zach, I have had my hydrocele aspirated 3 times but now the urologist wants the surgery no more aspiration. I'm in Denver so I'm thinking about going to St George Urology. Wanted to know if your sclerotherapy worked the first time. Thanks 

• Posted

Hi guys, I went to Dr. Levine in November of last year (2017) and received aspiration and sclerotherapy. Dr. Levine and all of his staff were amazing, and I actually had a really fun time in Chicago, went on a 'pizza tour,' visited the Art Institute, and had a great time visiting a city I've always wanted to visit. Dr. Levine told me it would take about 8 weeks for the hydrocele to go away, and in fact it did go COMPLETELY AWAY in exactly 8 weeks. It was a gradual process, and I was so grateful I sent Dr. Levine a big box of my favorite chocolates (See's). This man got me my testicle back, and without having to go through the disfiguring hydrocelectomy that the corrupt NYC urologists were trying to sell to me (how sick that they would rather leave a man with a disfigured testicle just to make $$$$$$$ rather than actually doing what is in the best interest of the patient). Anyway, I cannot say enough about how amazing Dr. Levine is, really he should be training urologists all over the world how to do aspiration with sclerotherapy. More soon -- I am working on an article about this, so this isn't the last you'll be hearing from this very happy man who got his testicle back.

• Posted

Bendito, How is your hydrocele doing at this point? Thanks
  • Posted

Hey guys, I had aspiration and sclerotherapy done Friday. Dt Levine and staff were great. 700ml. They said it would swell up, and it has, 40 hours later. It's not swollen as big it was before, maybe 1/4 of the peak size. Got the same 8 week projection as others here. Any tips to ensure success would be great.

Thanks

Tom

• Posted

Hope your hydrocele turned out OK. How is it doing so far? Any pointers from your experience? Thanks
  • Posted

I have seen the names of other Docs that will do aspiration and sclerotherapy. I am in Texas and looking for a Doc closer than Chicago. Any help would be appreciated.

Why would anyone not try aspiration and sclerotherapy first before hydorcelectomy. Cost and recovery time!!

If it doesn't work, then go for surgery.

• Posted

I had aspiration and sclerotherapy

at St George Urology by Dennis Mitchell in St George Utah on August 15th. The hydrocele has not returned. I am 73 and Medicare and supplemental insurance covered the full cost.

• Posted

If you're looking in Chicago area, try Dr Levine. He has been part of some studies. Just look up his name followed by "sclerotherapy".

• Posted

Congrats on that. He's good at what he does. Unfortunately, my hydrocele was septated and it didn't work. I go in for surgery on Monday. 

• Posted

What sclerosant did he use? He used phenol in progressively higher concentrations for mine.. but I had also proposed alchohol, polidocanol, and doxyxycline.
    • Posted

Nevermond, read that wrong sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.