Surgey isn't always needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with gallstones last week after having an ultrasound. One 2cm stone was found and a smaller one. I have now been referred to a surgeon but my friend was also diagnosed on xmas and because she has bigger stones, she doesn't need surgery. Apparently, if she had the small gritty ones, surgery would be needed. I'm now hoping maybe I can get away with it too. Anyone else been told they don't need an op??

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Me too Jane. I don't think anyone knows much about it because it changes all the time and from person to person.

I' seem to have misled you, it is gallstones that causes biliary colic not diverticulosis.

Right I am goig to bed to read a nice book to take my mind off my ailments lol

Till tomorrow….

• Posted

That's okay designer girl, I think I misled you too, I meant in my earlier post that it's wrong leaving decision up to you, they should advise you appropriately.

night night

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.