Surgical menopause - a year on

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello ladies I was going into menopause when i had ovaries out, so went into menopause suddenly, i just wanted to hear from other ladies who had the same thing done and how they felt a year on, i feel like i'm still having symptoms on and off, the worse being anxiety and panic, has anyone else had the same after some time from the operation? I didn't have this anxiety and panic then..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello again and so sorry you're suffering. I'm the same, hysterectomy twenty years ago and oophorectomy almost three years ago - it's hell. I'm afraid I still feel as bad at times as I did in the beginning, all the usual horrible symptoms along with anxiety / health anxiety, panic attacks etc, plus achy bones and feeling of doom and gloom. Hoping it won't go on much longer ive had enough. We are all different and cope in different ways, can you take HRT ? I cant . Hoping you feel better soon I really do. Take care of yourself love Lou xx
    • Posted

Dear Lou

Thanks for replying, no i can't take hrt because of family history, it really helps to come on this forum to know that you are not alone, i think it is just nice to know that other people understand because they are going through it too x

• Posted

Yes absoloutley, ladies here have helped me so much - im not sure I would take HRT even if I could I would be too scared of the side effects. How are you sleeping ? Sleep is so important whilst going through this, im not as bad as I was I must admit but that's only lately - I went through months and months of pacing the floor all night not being able to sleep which leaves you even more exhausted through the day - I manage around four to five hours now which is better than nothing. Lack of sleep heightens anxiety even more and leaves us unable to function on all levels. I know where you're coming from x
    • Posted

Yes I agree if i am tired it makes me more anxious! I was waking about three or so times in the night but recently it is down to waking up about once. I do try to go to bed early to make up for lost sleep! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.