Suspected Gall Stones

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been having the pains that everyone is describing on here, for about 6 - 8 weeks now. I went to the doctors several times and they have diagnosed suspected gall stones. I have received my ultra sound scan letter this morning and have to go on the 10th July. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who could tell me whether you get to know there and then if you have gall stones - i've never been for an ultrasound before so not sure if they'll tell you what they can see, or whether you have to wait another few weeks until you see your doctor again for the prognosis.

It would also be great to know how long people had to wait for their gallbladder to removed once gallstones had been confirmed at their scan. I'm anticipating a very long wait !

ps. it's really nice to hear other peoples experiences and know i'm not alone!

Thanks

Sam

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi barleymo

even though i had a gallbladder infection no stones was actually found in my gallbladder (wastold must have passed them). I waited longer for my scan then i did for results.

hope everything goes well for you

peggy

• Posted

Hiya

I've had 2 attacks of this pain in the right side of my chest/breast, both resulting in A&E (the first via an ambulance) and sent home after the pain subsided due to morphine. The first admittance resulted in sending me to my GP to request an urgent scan. There was a mix up with this date so I was given another.

First attack on 29th May. Urgent scan 13th June. Second attack on 25th June. Actual scan 30th June.

The pain on both occassions has lasted approx 10 to 12 hours.

I was told at the scan that this was gall stones and that I had lots of little ones. She told me to contact my GP after about 3 days to get him to contact a consultant at my local hosp. She also informed me that she had also had gall stones and had her gall bladder removed and it was lovely to talk to someone who had gone through the same thing as me with a positive result.!

I was given buscopan from the hosp the first time which had no effect when I had the second attack. I was then given codeine which I have yet to test out. I currently have terrible flu like symptons and a temp which I'm trying to control with paracetamol as I want to save my codeine for a true attack. Not sure if these last symptoms are related or not.

• Posted

I've been in to have my ultrasound scan today and they have confirmed i have gallstones.... well, just one by the looks of it but it is a big one! I was glad they'd found something cos i was beginning to feel like a fraud as I haven't had an attack for over 3 weeks now. I have made an appointment with my doctor for 20th July and presume he will tell me whether or not he's going to put me forward for surgery. I'll keep you posted.
  • Posted

hi i had pains in chest and breast area. It was painfull to touch aswell. Was in a&e a few times wid chest pains and had sickness. Doctor suspected gallstones and gave me antibiotics. Went for scan but no gallstones were found. I waited 15weeks for my scan and the doctor told me same day that they couldnt find anything. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.