Suspected gall stones

Posted , 5 users are following.

So my husband rushed me to the A&E Tuesday night as I honestly thought I was dying might sound a bit melodramatic but I've had 4 Kids piercings tattoos and thought I had a high pain threshold but this was the most intense pain of my life and I was in this pain for 7 hours straight with no pain relief . It didn't matter how I day or stood I could get any relief . I finally got seen after feeling like the doctors and nurses had just left me to die and told me suspected gall stones . And he wrote a letter to my doctor who will refer me for a scan it is now sat and has now flared up again and it woke me up at 6am I am just short of rolling around on the floor it's taken me forever to write this is there anything I can take for the pain . In till I can get into a doctors not going a&e again To sit that hours to be told wait to hear from your own doctor . I've taken paracetamol and it's not touching the sides would buscopan work Thank you for you help sorry for the spell g and lack of grammer x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would have thought they would have done an immediate ultrasound of your gallbladder at A&E if they siuspected gallstones and at least given you pain relief to take home with you.  I don't think that was good enough.

Paracetemol is very mild and doesn't do much for me either. I would take Nurofen with Codeine or Cocodomol.  I take Buscopan for IBS, however, it is very mild and only reduces pain rather than taking it away completely.  It is effective for IBS but I often take Nurofen on top to get the best result.

• Posted

I had a huge stone in the duct of the gallbladder, I put surgery off until I commute bile and my liver was infected. I ended up in emergency surgery. I would have a spell and be in so much pain I was drinking barking soda and water for relief.
  • Posted

I have same issues and am waiting 4 weeks until my scheduled gallbladder surgery.

i am eating very low fat diet while I wait. It has been just over 1week no issues,no pain. Fat is what triggers an attack. They also don't want me drinking alcohol.

they want me to wait to decrease risk of opening me up. I want to stay with laparoscopic removal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.