Suspected Gallstones - HELP!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone! Over the last 3 month I have been getting a severe pain in my upper right stomach under my ribs which was so intense it caused nausea, vomiting and light/loose stools ?? thought it was just a tummy bug or something but in the end I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago realising that there was something not right! He said he suspects it could be Gallstones and sent a request through for a scan! Since then I’ve had to go back for some stronger pain relief! However, this last week or so I’ve started with continuous back ache which is starting to get me down a bit now, this along with the stomach pain is horrible!

I’m also thinking that a pain in the Centre under my ribs, which I thought I was having an heart attack at the time with is also related to this - but was passed as indigestion! 

Just wondering if people know roughly the waiting time for scans - need a diagnosis and this pain is just getting exhausting! 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yeah sounds like gallstones you probably had a gallbladder attack when you tbought you were having a heart Attack.
    • Posted

Yeah I’m thinking that now! Thanks if only it was identified then the ball could have been rolling 8 months ago! Ahh well! Thanks for your reply! 
  • Posted

Hi there,

Firstly so sorry to hear you are suffering, I can't really help with timings of scans but in the meantime do try and eat small bland meals, cut out high fats, chocolate, coffee, alcohol.

Do keep us up to speed with how things go and good luck.

• Posted

Still no news about the scan, but I’m on slimming world so high fat foods aren’t something I eat regularly! It seriously all depends on the day which sets it off! Always something new! But onions are a killer 🙈

• Posted

You can manage the pain with low fat diet. I went 1 year in a rigorous fat diet. No pain. But in the end, my Gallbladder stopped working all together.  Last Friday, I just had my   Gallbladder removed. My suggestion is listen to your doctor advice and suggestion. 
    • Posted

How are you doing now after surgery ? and what symptoms you had before surgery ?
  • Posted

Well it’s not been 4 week and not heard anything about a scan! Should I ring up GP and see what they say? 

Only 21 and my social life is slipping, I’m terrified of leaving the house in case I get an attack! Don’t know how much longer I can cope 

• Posted

I would go back to doctor and maybe the appt can be brought forward for scan failing that if you are feeling really unwell go to A/E dept.Good luck hope you get sorted out soon.
  • Posted

well from having the scan that took 10 weeks for an appointment things started happening really quickly! i had an appointment with the consultant a few weeks ago and have now got my op date! 27th DECEMBER!

just terrified for the op now!

• Posted

it's going to make you feel much better.the first time I saw my new gastro.he ordered ct scan,colonoscopy,laparoscopy and hida.finally today has come for the gods I am so miserable.its 2:00 am and too miserable to sleep.

• Posted

2 weeks post op and i feel a lot better already! did have some complications after surgery resulting in 3 days in hospital but on the mend!

just hoping the diorhea ends soon!

• Posted

glad your feeling better its almost 6 weeks for me and i can pretty much eat wjat i used too(no fried foods or soda) man i am totally opposite. i have constipation still and sometimes have to resort to enemas.im sure our systems will get their act together.still alittle bloated but it takes a while from what everyone says.keep getting better!!!

• Posted

its weired how it can effect everyone differently! i literally go to the toilet within 30 mins after eating, and my diet is pretty limited! i do still get a pain everyday which seems to mimic a gallbladder attack but doesnt seem half as bad! but oh gosh bet it wasnt a nice christmas for you! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.