Swab test negative for herpes what is this?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

imageI have had recurring sores come up around my genitals for the past two months. I have been swab tested (pcr) for herpes last week after another sores came up and this has come back negative I took the swab as soon as the lesion came up and made sure the fluid made contact all over the swab. Someone please help I don't know what these lesions are now I am also clear for every sti.image

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

are they blisters first and then turn to this? itchy and hurt?

• Posted

They're slightly painful but not itchy they do ooze if I squeeze them. I only really notice them at this stage before that they don't seem like bumps or anything.

• Posted

it now definitely seems to be herpes my love, have you been to get checked ? i hope its nothing major

• Posted

i didnt see your wording!!! so what could it be?

• Posted

god knows. Going back to the clinic again tomorrow as I have these sores currently but given the negative result that suggests it's something else non sti related. Scared and confused as I don't know what's going on with my own body right now 😦

• Posted

maybe it's a bacterial infection of some kind? f**k knows

• Posted

update- went to the clinic this morning and had the sores examined. Nurse says the pcr test is very rarely wrong and that they said I should take the negative result as it is and they won't do another test on it. She believes it is a bacterial infection of some kind and a non sti related cause. She also said these sores do not look like herpes so all that taken into account I don't believe I have it. I have been back and forth 4 times now with the clinic and seen various different people who all said they don't think it is herpes and along with the negative pcr test I can't keep doing this. Guess I really don't have it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.