Swallowing pins

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have swallowed 20 common pins (small) ,I swallowed 10 of these a month ago and nothing happened ,this time still there is no pain but I am too afraid ,I suffer from extreme depression all the time ,Please guide me what to do sad

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

You must speak to your Doctor or someone you can trust, a perforated Bowel is not pleasant in the slightest neutral
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I just can't tell anybody ,there are no symptoms either but I don't know the consequences sad
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I wouldn't worry about it they've probably passed straight through,, or they'll just be rusting away in your stomach (or caught up somewhere else), they're not really sharp enough to cause much damage unless you are unlucky, I mean your GI tract is pretty tough and rubbery (you hear of people eating razor blades and glass as part of stage shows) smile

You must find someone who you can talk to about your problems, this playing russian roulette with bad times isn't much fun neutral

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The consequence is unknow but can be a potential complication in the long term such as someone mention bowel perforation but surely your body will gradually goes into stages of imbalance called homeostasis imbalance which sometime your body will recognise these as foreign object eventually rejected it and possibly cause fluid to build around the surrounding area which may cause irritation, remember your stomach has full of acid fluid and these acid can cause the burning but trying to burn the pins is meaning the surrounding area is also burning can lead to complication such as pain, infection and so forth. The Dr will properly not doing anything s now cos your are very normal but Dr will wait for any of those complication to come before they do anything. So please take care of yourself and get some behavioural therapy help, wish you the best of good health.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up