Sweat and heat attacks all night long

Posted , 5 users are following.

No sleep for me each time I doz off this heat wave comes over me feels like I'm 200 degrees and I'm soaking wet so uncomfortable happens a dozen times during the night maybe I shouldnt try to sleep! We sure need our sleep uuggg

3 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I understand completly debra. I am convinced there are varying degrees (excuse the pun ) of the hot flushes. I have friends who tell me to ride it out and use natural methods as they have prefered to do but they are not experiencing anything like me. I can have between 12 and 50 per night. I have to sleep alone as I need to keep swapping sides to allow the sheets to dry. I am 61 and this has been going on for 10 years!!! The only thing that helps is HRT. For the last 3 months I have been off it and taking sage to no awail. I take cold showers but 5 minutes later I am soaking wet and my hair is hot and wet again with rivers running down my back and between my breasts. I cant even cross my legs because they slide off each other. But the worst thing is, the people who imply I am somehow weak because I have had to resort to HRT just to get some sleep and to feel normal. I dont know how long you have been suffering but I hope it is nowhere near as long as me. My thoughts are with you.
    • Posted

Thanks Allison I had a full Hysterectomy 7 weeks ago kept my ovaries and all this is slap me in the face blood work said full-blown menopause going tomorrow to see about HRT's have an appointment with my primary doctor somethings got to give I'm 54 and so busy I can't deal with it got to get help !good luck with yours this is horrible

• Posted

We have to weigh up quality of life verses the low risk of the side effects.

i wish you well

• Posted

Your so right Alison I've read so much about HRT but I'm to the point that I will have to try this and hope for some relief and trust the doctors to stay on top of possiblities of risk and some of that theory has changed!! Best to you too girl I'm right there with you on this!!

• Posted

I never dreamt the night sweats could be so bad. I apologise for all the silly suggestions I've given to others, like having dry nightshirts at the side of the bed to change into and the chillow (cold pilllow). Nothing helps, just have to ride with the sweat, turn over, shiver and wait for the next one. 

I'm cold and clammy during the day with heat flushes now and again. I explained to my daughter it's like when you open the oven door to lift the dinner out!

Why have you stopped hrt, is it the length of time you are allowed to take it. I'm 57, considering hrt, still have periods.

• Posted

My mums sister had breast cancer so I am seen as high risk. I have been off and on HRT for 10 years and feel great on it. This time round, decided to try and stick it out but after 6 months, it is still really bad. Have had consultations with several Doctors and keep being told this is normal. Thing is, I hate taking meds. But HRT gives me my life back. I can sleep, I can lie in bed awake, but cosy, I can wear contact lenses, I have no joint pain, I have more energy although this could be due to being able to sleep. I am more rational and I can make plans. When I stop the HRT, everything changes. Will give it another month then, if no better I need to weigh up the risks.

i can see no end and that is really hard to deal with

• Posted

I did manage to cope on one third of a tablet each day. I still had the hot flushes, but not as severe and not as often. I can have them even if its very cold. Sometimes they are cold sweats like coming round from a general anaesthetic. Other times, its one after the other in waves. I just want it to end
    • Posted

Wow my moms sister had breast cancer too! So guess that makes me higher risk too! But I've got to do something it horrible! My poor husband been a trooper over this mess! I've just got to have relief !

• Posted

Probably, but I think I will cross that bridge if I come to it. You have to decide. If someone told me, ok another 6 months then they will stop, I would stick it out but after 10 years, there seems no end in sight. My husband has been great too but I miss a cuddle. Everytime he cuddles me, I sweat and radiate so much heat, its not pleasant for either of us.
    • Posted

Oh Alison I totally agree with you no fun being sweaty! Best to you I've got 24 more hours before I hope to get answers!!

• Posted

that's just it Alison, if you knew the end of this was in sight, you could stick it out, we women are made of strong stuff, but like for all of us, we don't know and nobody in the medical world seems to know neither. Surely they have gathered enough data now to be able to tell by symptoms were we are at with it all.  Do what's right for you now

• Posted

Did you get any answers today debra? Was your consultation helpful?
    • Posted

Alison I don't know if I did or not my family doctor will not give HRT drugs due to to many bad side affects she said! But is sending me to a person who makes cremes that will be made just for me by a Apothecary chemist person I will be calling him today to get appointment ! I feel like no one wants to help with these issues!! Just sad that they have not come up with something to help with so many women going through this horrible crap!!

• Posted

Me too! Mine started three weeks ago, coinciding with the heat wave in the UK. Didn't know what was causing the night sweats. It's awful waking feeling the heat rise, pushing the sheets off, dropping off to sleep again then waking shivering. I'm trying sage and passionflower and meno serene at the moment but 8 days in no relief yet. 

Got an appointment next week with doctor to discuss hrt options. I still have periods.

• Posted

Maisie we are in it together hope your doctor can help you too I go tomorrow counting down the hours until some Answers and something to work on this mess no sleep in days makes for some foggy days eyes burn and feel so thick !! Let me know what you find out and I will do the same!! Best to you too!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.