Sweating and depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 12 days on Fluoxetine. 6 at 10mg and 6 at 20mg.   I have sweating and depression feels a little worse.   Does this go away with time?   If so how long did it take for you. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

Yes for me it got worse before it recently started getting better (just at week 6 now). 2-3rd week were the worst for me. Cold sweats and anxious shivers, sleeplessness. After 4 weeks had couple of calm days, then a blip again but overall less anxious. After 5 weeks more calm days including feeling positive, now again a few days blip but more feeling lethargic than anxious. It is a rollercoaster before it gets better! Be patient and give it a few more weeks. All the best.

• Posted

Hi there! For most I've heard this is common and does settle down after a while and it works really well for them. I just wanted to give you my story that I went on this med for two weeks and had such adverse reactions to it that I had to stop. I am now on a new med which has had next to no side-effects and seems to be working really well for me. So, in closing, if this one doesn't work and you can't handle the side effects (as I couldn't) there are plenty more to try to help you. Good luck! 😊

Kirsty

• Posted

I have also decided to go off after two weeks.  Can you tell me if you tapered and did you have any issues?
    • Posted

Didn't need to taper as the doctor said after only two weeks I didn't need to, Prozac stays in your system a long time, but if I'm honest I felt instantly better, it made me so poorly, I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, lost so much weight and looked awful, I was being pyhsicall sick with it. Only thing I did was ask the doctor for sickness meds to help me eat!

After four days break I went on to my new medication, I was so scared as didn't want it to happen all over again, so asked the doctor to prescribe me something not within the same family. For some people it's great, but I would say if you're finding it really really hard (as I was) speak to the doctors and see what else you can try

Kirsty

• Posted

Hi my freinds.

Need more time to get result ,about 3 weeks.

Maybe you need other drug for help you in this period ,like Clonazepam or xanax.

It is better you speak your doc about this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.