Sweet Sleep At Last!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I haven't been here for a month as things have been quite overwhelming for me, but, I had been to see my GP to talk about Insimnia causing issues.

I was given a course of Zopiclone to see whether or not they would help, and told as they are highly addictive they can only be prescribed as a one off course.

I had mentioned I just wanted a 'Kick Start' of sorts, to hopefully trigger of some kind of new bed routine and was advised to try strong strength Nytol.

I did just that, and I am managing to get some sleep! YES! Actual, sleep.

I have felt good in the mornings for the first time in a long time and have found my anxiety levels have dropped, my depression isn't as bad. It's fantastic!

I know I am bound to have bad nights again at some point, I don't want to rely too heavily on Nytol; so will use it accordingly, but the fact that I have felt a real benefit after taking the Zopiclone and now Nytol has really lifted my spirits.

I really am pleased I spoke to my GP after trying other ways of dealing with my sleep deprivation.

🤗

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Fantastic. Ditto to all the above ;0) xx except my migraines now stopping me sleeping but ad long as your sensible and dont use every day and sparingly they help get a routine going then no need for the tabs xx as a fellow insomniac i definately need meds sparingly wen desperate as lack of sleep worsens my mental illness xxx happy ur getting slumber xxx
    • Posted

Thank you Amanda! 🤗 I can't remember when I last slept so well, it feels pretty darn good!

So sorry to hear about your migraines!

Have you tried the hot water warm water technique? Put your feet in a bowl of warm water, also your hands, and an ice pack on your neck.

I told a friend of mine about it and she tried it, she said it did actually help! She took her painkillers as usual, but found the severity soon calmed down. She was quite shocked!

Take care.xx

• Posted

I havent but will try it xx its easing at mo xx just having a lie down. Thanks hun. Xx
  • Posted

Fantastic news , sometimes you just need a good doctor who will listen to you an yours has , it is important that you tell everything to your doctor for them to be able to fully diagnose , my psychiatrist prescribed me Promethazine for sleep which helps me an i have for the past year have had it on my regular prescription , take care an enjoy your peaceful nights x
    • Posted

Maria, thank you! 🤗

I am so lucky! My GP actually does seem interested when I visit him. He's so supportive.

I have a feeling I am going to need more help medicinally, so ready for when a bad night crops up. But in general I feel so much calmer and

focused, it's great.

Glad to hear you found a solution for your sleep deprivation.

Take care!xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.