Switching medication

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All, I’m new to this site but I’m hoping to get some support as I feel I really need it right now.

In the last week I’ve switched from Citalapram 40mg to Fluxotine 20mg. I reduced the Cit to 20 mg for a few days then went straight to the flux as I can’t bare the side effects reducing the meds gives me. However I’m not experiencing brain zaps and quite severe moods shifts, I’m really struggling with. Feelings of not good enough and needing constant reassurance from my other half, which I know is getting to her.

I really just want to feel settled and happy again rather than this deep sadness inside.

I know I have to give it some time but how long?

I’ve been on Cit for over 10 years and it just wasn’t working anymore hence why my GP changed my meds to Flux. I just want to know others are out there and what I’m feeling/experiencing will pass and get better.

I fear I might ruin a good relationship because of my struggles so desperate want to drag myself out this hole.

Thank you all for reading and any support/help you can give me. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am experiencing brain zaps...sorry typo.
  • Posted

Hi Louise

I've been on Fluoxetine 20 for four years. It takes a few weeks to adjust when switching. It might be an idea to go back and talk to your GP . I know how it feels to struggle, especially when you're with someone you're close to. Let me know how it is going ? X

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. It’s good to know that someone else has switched to fluoxetine successful. I think I need to be abit more patient.

Again  thanks for responding. Appreciate it. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.