Swollen and bleeding gum with a small indented dot

Posted , 2 users are following.

Help! For the past few weeks and possibly months, an area of my gum between two teeth has been heavily swollen and can be pulled away when I eat certain foods (I have braces so the gum is trapped behind the wire usually. It can be pushed down and under the wire when a food pushes into the area between the wire and the tooth). The gum bleeds a little when even slightly disturbed and there is also a small dot pretty much on that gum.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi alex28170, It seems to be the beginning of a gum disease known as gingivitis. The symptoms of this disease are red and swollen gums, gums may bleed while brushing or flossing, bad breath and receding gums. It is better to consult a dentist or periodontist as early as possible otherwise this may lead to periodontitis, a severe form of gum disease. This will result in tooth loss. I had the symptoms of gingivitis earlier, then, I have consulted a periodontal care near my home in Calgary. Actually, it is very easy to prevent gingivitis. For that, we must follow a good oral hygiene. So, don't worry, get help from a nearby dental clinic.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.