swollen belly

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Have just come across this forum searching for a answer to my problem, started on the tablets 6 days ago and have lost 5 pounds :D but my belly has swollen and i look fatter than normal, is this a side effect to the tablets if it is will it go away.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hedge and welcome, ... smile

I have no idea at all about that. Haven`t experienced it myself. Been on the tabs 2 weeks now.

If in doubt, check with ur GP.

Mibbe one of the others will pitch in with some advice for u .

• Posted

hope so skye thanks for the welcome, been lucky in thats only the problem i've had, no oil or bad smells so far.
  • Posted

Hey Hedge,

Yes welcome to the gang :!:

It could just be trapped wind, I was very bloated at first but I'm not a doctor so if it carries on I'd defo see GP like Skye said. Sorry couldn't be more help!

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

actually it's very simple -

trapped wind happens and smells because your digestive system doesn't digest all veggies you eat. some of them like soya, pees and beans are a combination of protein and long starchy complicated carbs (more like wood) which are way too hard to digest, so they stay in your intestins rotting away.

ever been to the moor? that's what happens in your guts: plants rott & fruits ferment to produce gases - sometimes methane or sulphur-hydrate (smells of bad eggs) - that's the bloating.

i get bloated every time i eat fruit, rice, pasta, sweets, potatos in any form, bread, weet products, cereal, stuff that thickens in hot water and all of the above - so i cut them right out. never missed them and never suffered again. eating meat, some veg, cheese and eggs - no crap or fast food - it's great.

enjoy!

annmarie

also i don't belive i'll lose a pound on those pills - started 6th august 2008 - but my doctor insisted.

• Posted

Thanks for the info guest makes sense, been away so have not been on the site, just try the pills I have lost 12lbs now and before the pills found it hard to loose anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.