Swollen glands

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I hope all is well.

Hey, here a question. I just started taking Gabapentin about a week ago and have noticed some unusual side effects.

My glands in my neck and groin area are starting to feel a little tender. Has anyone else experienced these same side effects while taking Gabapentin?

Thanks for your help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was put on Gabapentin Aug 2016 (Topiramate stopped working following chemotherapy) at my checkup for cancer in Aug 2017 it was noted I had swollen gland in my neck and was sent for scan and then neck biopsies. Fortunately it turned out to be benign so no action taken but it is still swollen 6 months later. 

• Posted

Hi Diane, thanks for you response. Did you have any pain in your neck while on Gabapentin?
    • Posted

I didn’t have pain in neck at all and after Topiramate I have to say Gabapentin worked really well at stopping my daily migraines. I was taken off Gabapentin as I’m struggling to lose weight and the dietitian said that Gabapentin can make you gain weight. I have only been off 4 weeks but have gone back due to the recurrence of the migraines 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.