Swollen neck and head pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies. The back of my neck is swollen and very painful which is now causing shoulder pain. Also, I have a sharp constant pain on the left side of my head starting from behind my ear and it goes all the way down the back of my head. My glands under my left arm pit and under my chin are also swollen. The dr seems to think that I have a throat infection and claims that it might be migraines. I've suffered from migraines for years and they've never lasted for more than a few days. I've had these various head and neck pains for over a month now and it's especially painful when I move my head or lie down to sleep. Have any of you had similar experiences?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi faz, sounds more like an infection that's holding on.. I've had migraines for a couple years now with the perimenopause/menopause and never had any kind of swelling.. And like you they last 3 days then gone only to cycle themselves and return later on.. Lysine is good for viruses just in case you got that pesty virus that won't leave..

• Posted

Hi Gypsy. Thanks for the information. I have had mouth infections for the past 2+ years and the anti biotics do not seem to be helping. My doc has done blood tests to check for auto immune diseases so I should be getting those results next week. As you can imagine my anxiety levels are very high as I await the dreaded results. Thanks and kindest regards.

• Posted

oh yes how I know that awful anxiety all to well, especially the health anxiety and how your mind can truly run away from you, and all of a sudden we have diagnosed ourselves with everything! I do understand the autoimmune disorders as I have dealt with them all my life, throat infections sinus issues , and it seems everytime I have bloodwork done I have so many antibodies in my body fighting something, at least we know our immune system can fight , just not suppose to be attacking itself! I just know my body is always fighting some kind of virus so I just try and eat as healthy as possible and do things to build my immune system up, as these viruses never leave our bodies they just go doormat until they want to flare back up again.. Yes try the lysine its good stuff and after all bloodwork shows nothing serious then you can relax your self and just work on building up your immune system.. Hope you feel better soon 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.