Swollen/Sore gums.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anytime i change my normal brand of toothpaste (oral b) my gums swell up and go very red/sore plus they bleed it's very frustrating any idea what could cause this? I am currently back to using oral b with Corsodyl mouthwash which is my usual go-to brands i am assuming i will start to see a differents in a few days after being back to my normal routine any advice/help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My bet is that there is something in the other toothpastes that is not in oral B that you are allergic to.
  • Posted

I can't help about the toothpaste except could you be allergic to something that isn't in the Oral B? Just wanted to pass on something my dentist told me- don't use Corsodyl for more than 2 weeks as it stains the teeth. Unless it's the daily one of course

• Posted

Swollen gums are usually from infections that maybe present in the body and not from any changed in toothpaste, unless your allergic problem with any of its ingredients. This you can check from trial and error and see which brand causes you more problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.