Swollowing and Deep Breaths

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have had swallowing and problems breathing deep for a while now, about a year on the swollowing and the breathing about 3 months.

I have barretts so i thought maybe down to that. I am a very nervous person and when i am eating i just stop mid swollow and panic.

Anyone any advise on this or previous experience? I just don't get how it could be down to aniexty and i feel the symptoms.

Thansk in advance.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Swallowing and lump in the throat is super common with anxiety. I get this all the the time if my anx is high. Then the more u focus on it, the worse it becomes. Super annoying and distressing as it leads to trying to swallow more which leads to dry mouth
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply, yes it is really anoying i can't eat any of the foods i enjoy now like steak as i am scared i will choke.

It also has me terrified when my daughter is eating and she just laughs but it is horrible.

• Posted

It is, all I can say is that u won't choke. Try some water while u chew , try talking and doing other things while u swallow. It'll be fine I promise
    • Posted

Thanks, i think your right i need to try and take my mind off that i am eating... Great tips thanks
    • Posted

It takes a while but it will go,take it easy
    • Posted

I think mabe UR daughter needs a education on what UR suffering from. 

It's not funny and she needs to learn respect and support u thru this disease.

perhaps a good online description with pictures will open her heart .

CHEERS

HOPE

• Posted

Back again sometimes the site jams can not text or move.

i am familiar with Barrett's thru my moms experience. She struggled with it for years after many years go GERD. I'm very sorry this is a very painful & aggravating disease.

one thing comes to mind would be meds to numb the throat to swallow better. I'm sure UR taking various specialized meds for BARRETTS as well a a food diet. Some times cold  sherbet eaten before rash bit helped or when swallowing. Helps relax the neve responsible causing the reverse sensation UR expierencing.

CHEERS

HOPE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.