SYMPTOMS

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been taking 20mg citatalopram for 4 days now prescribed by gp fo severe depression i am very drowsy and disorientated with slurred speech last night violently sick with chronic loose bowels like water fell asleep on couch and have woken up with muscle pains in wrists and top of arms and cant use my hands properly as if they are numb and have no control over them .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

:? hi kazzee. i too have been taking citalopram for only 6 days now, was prescribed 20mg. have only been taking the 10 though. will start on the 20 tonight.

as i have mentioned before have had aching joints and tension, hope this goes soon for us both.

everyone on here who have been taking them longer have said side effects normally wear off, heres hoping hey....good luk aly x

• Posted

thanks aly the doc has decied to stop them and is going to prescribe something else to take good luck with the 20mg kazzee :goodluck:
  • Posted

I took it for a month. I did not have such a physical reaction as you tow have had, perhaps they really do not suit you? I can say though that the side effects I had (nausea and mainly more psychological effects, although to be fair it is hard to distinguish those from the tablet and those created by the disease) did lesson after two to three weeks.

Hope you are both feeling better.

alison

• Posted

hi both.. feeling better today apart from this 'neck!

i wish you both all the very best with any tablets you take,

personally i think theses citaloprams are ok ..i think!!

aly x :wink:

• Posted

[quote:447c6a7d6b=\"kazzee\"]i have been taking 20mg citatalopram for 4 days now prescribed by gp fo severe depression i am very drowsy and disorientated with slurred speech last night violently sick with chronic loose bowels like water fell asleep on couch and have woken up with muscle pains in wrists and top of arms and cant use my hands properly as if they are numb and have no control over them .[/quote:447c6a7d6b]

Hi there. I have been on citalopram for 7 months now on 20mg a day. Thought my side effects were just me but feel very relieved that Im not the only one. Worst ones are daily headaches/migranes, joint pains (esp ankles and wrists), regular 'sea sick' feeling, back ache and general exhaustion.

Any advice on how to deal with them??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.