symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Some pains in my arm jaw ache and chest pains i am paranoid i am going to have a heart attack rhesesymptoms normal with my anxiety stressed!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlene, 

Sorry to hear how you are feeling right now. 

All of the symptoms that you have described can be as a result of Anxiety. When suffering the hormones in the body can tense up muscles and joints without you even knowing anything about it. When this happens in the face and neck areas then Jaw Ache I find is a common place where it manifests itself. 

As you know with anxiety we have a tendancy to fear the worse and as a result we connect symptoms with something severe such as heart attacks. The truth of the matter is that what you are feeling is pretty much trade mark anxiety and the likeliness of it being anything more severe is highly unlikely if you are in generally good health. 

What I find useful is to find something to divert your attention away from how you are feeling at the minute. Pick up a book or watch a TV programme that will really grip you. If you are feeling a bit more energetic then get up and bake a cake or do a bit of light housework. Hopefully by taking your mind off of the symtoms and not giving them any attention they will ease and even go away. 

• Posted

Thanks matt thats really helpfull. My anxiety comes from my mum havin suffered a heart attack and cardiac arrest 3 years ago and she has been left brain damaged. I just really feel wots happened to my mum is goin to happen to me. I do try hard to deal with it just sometimes it gets the beter of me thank u for listening
    • Posted

Hey Charlene. 

No need to thank me I am more than happy to sit and listen to you whenever you want. Sharing is caring after all. 

Really sorry to hear about your mum, this must have been really hard on you and no doubt is one of the reasons behind how you are feeling right now. I guess that with this happening you are now pretty zoned in on the symptoms of heart attacks and the back of your mind is always looking for them?

The problem with anxiety is that it manifests itself in so many different ways and a good few of the symptoms we could relate to a whole rainge so more serious things when the truth is that although it is annoying, stressful, uncomfortable and horrible, in my own personal opinion 9 or more times out of 10 generally it is nothing worse and mainly our heads working over time. 

Hope it calms down a bit for you!

• Posted

Hi Charlene 

Matt's answers are v good esp after the  worry you have after your mum 

the trouble is when you're anxious reading signs and symptoms seem to apply to every little twitch or pain.

I've had and got heart problems and whilst some of the symptoms you have mentioned may apply these are generalised and do not apply to every person. It depends on the cause the type of heart problem so why dont you ask your gp for a full screen and rule out any link .

I'm presuming your mother had hypertension and oxygen deprivation age lifestyle based this most probably won't apply to you and now is the time to ensure you are well and in no risk then you can concentrate on getting to grips with your anxiety.

• Posted

Hi. My mum was 49 and her heart attack came as a big shock if u type in lorna baillie into google u will get the jist of wot happened i am certain wot happened to her will happen to me x
  • Posted

get chest pains and breathless and alsorts which is anxiety nee dto relax and or change your life that could be causing probs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.