symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey I'm just guna list my symptoms...I need some advice....i already suffer from anxiety but i have been on Prozac for the last 5 weeks..

Flu

Weakness/numbness

Pins and needles

Dizziness

When standing feel like everything around me is big and I'm small ( that prob sounds stupid and makes no sense)

Body feels heavy at times like I cant move but I can

But my reflexes all work and are good...

Blocked ears....

Even on Prozac can my anxiety still come back pr is it something else..and if my reflexes are working..there cant be nothing serious wrong ??

Xx

1 like, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Omg just like me i keep trying to make sure everything is working by running and caring heavy stuff and everything is oky but sometimes just like u described and add to that headache

do u have headaches?? Or is it just me?? Sometimes in just one part of my head and blurriness too when i feel these symptom i freak out more and it keeps getting worse

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes specialy when im freaking out, i sometimes get to a point where i can't handle the fear anymore and just start crying. we have the exact same symptoms it makes me feel better i mean we can't both have the exact same illness ( if we have one which we don't its all in our head) it doesn't make any sense don't u think
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi what you are describing sounds like derealization, does this describe what you are feeling? I had experienced this same feeling, but described it as being very small, and being engulfed or swallowed up by an overwhelming and much larger surrounding heavy paralyzing energy. .very frightening and so hard to describe. I did not experience this for to long, but when I did, it seemed there were overwhelming feelings of guilt and shame attached. I am wondering if possibly the prozak is causing these symptoms you are talking of.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Omg this Is exactly how I'm feeling...exactly....i feel very heavy aswell like been paralysed....i was scared it was guillaon barre syndrome but my reflexes are working...terrified x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I felt crazy trying to describe this feeling and could not tell anyone until years later, a feeling I could never forget..the shame and guilt as I seemed to disappear or be swallowed up to a size of a spec..I was only 11 years old when I had this experience, and at that time had a build up of tremendous anxiety and fear due to abuse and extreme rejection of a parent ..with overwhelming feelings of shame and guilt, but without a true reason..the shame and guilt feelings were with me all the time, and without notice would trigger these feelings of disassociation..or what ever it was..I actually never told anyone about these feelings I couldn't put into words until more than 20 years later.. I believe I may have had other breaks from reality before healing took place, but not to the same frightening degree as the 2 disassociation experiences.. What I experienced instead was a lapse of temporary consciousness with overwhelming feelings of shame and guilt as if getting lost in those feelings, and in another place like a dream. I don't have any of these things happen in the last 20 yes but I will never forget when I did, and how paralyzing and overwhelmed my world was. I basically grew out of this, as a loner who escaped into nature and hobbies, seeking out healthy role models that I learned to trust.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Or if you experienced these overwhelming feelings you described, before you began the prozak..?!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I never had these before prozac no....but this is just so scary because i thought that side effects are not supposed to last...only for two weeks but they shud ease off then...at least that's what my doctor said...im so confused sad
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It really looks like this medication is very toxic to you, or is possibly way to high of a prescribed dose for you.. I always call the pharmacist to ask if the symptoms you have had for 5 wks are dangerous effects of the drug, and what recommendations he might have, with follow up with your prescribing doctor.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up