Symptoms and solutions

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering what symptoms everybody experiences when becoming panicked and how you help combat them?

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I experience palpitations, depersonalisation, tearfulness, fluttery heart, stomach ache, shakiness, chest pains. I just do my breathing exercises (In through your nose for the count of ten, hold for ten, out through your mouth for the count of ten). If that fails I'll take myself and sit somewhere quiet until it passes.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

For the past 5 days I've been crippled with severe anxiety! I cannot control the worrying in my head and I become really hot, sick in the stomach, heavy feeling in my chest, trembling! All I try to do is talk to myself and say "it will pass" and yes sometimes it does but other times it's hips me hard and then I start crying! It's so horrible I wish it would just leave me alone! I've just had my mediation increased yesterday (one of two antidepressants I take) and I have been having to take diazepam now and again but even that now doesn't seem to help! What do you feel??? Xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

So sorry to hear Charlotte I've just come out of a bad patch so hang in, always here for a chat have you gone back to your GP? Usually struggle with my breathing I often feel dizzy and very tight and restricted as if something's squeezing me tightly, on my last panic I kept hearing this whispering sound which was awful but hadn't since returned (touch wood)  xxx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Normally you get the fight or flight feelings. This is like butterflies in your stomach. I don't want to give you a list else ull be looking for the symptoms. Believe me when Ur anxious u know it. Try breathing into a new paper bag or try and concentrate on your breathing , take nice slow deep breathes and imagine your feelings drift away with every out breath. Meditation is good for anxiety.

Tazjosie

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up