Symptoms are the worst.

Posted , 17 users are following.

Every symptom I have, I constantly google it and SURPRISE! it's some fatal disease every single time. I know googling symptoms is really foolish and will only add to my already terrible health anxiety but  I can't help it. 

What physical symptoms of anxiety do you guys suffer with daily? Im curious to know Thanks!

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Depression, constipation, erectile dysfunction, fatigue, neuropathy, comfort eatings & binge eating.. I mostly feel they're secondary induced symptoms in response to prolonged uncertainty towards the status of my health as my Generalist Physcians generally fail to provide and expert or professional advise ushered out of the consultation room as keep as I came in with little more than a prescription for medication aka symptom suppresants.
  • Posted

Hi gabbi,

Although I havent had these all at the one time I have had them at one at a time or a few together:

Difficulty breathing

lump in throat

constipation

chest pain

arm and finger pain

Difficulty swallowing

Dizziness

fatigue

depression

Depersonalisation

derealisation

insomnia

pounding heart

palipitations

Anxiety is not pleasant. I struggle every day but im doing my best to fight it!

• Posted

you explained most of the symtoms really well friend i hope you get better keep strong and there is still more symptoms anxiety can cause its just awful right sometimes you wake up with a new symptom and you get worried but we cant let this beat us keep positive all you have to think its just anxiety its nothing its just my mind i will be ok. get better ok
  • Posted

Hi,

I have bad Health Anxiety, started when my Dad died when I was 13 years old of stomach cancer, since, I have already had one huge Anxiety Disorder which took me 1 and a half years to overcome, now at the age of 29, having the same issues, having health anxiety everyday.

Your right, symptoms everyday, most of them as we all know are just symptoms of our overactive mind causing normal everyday sensations into something big because we fear them....always looking for assurance.

My list - Stomach issues, diagnosed as IBS - this can be anything from cramps to discomfort, to burning sensation to nausea, also as of yesertday something else that caused my Health Anxiety to spiral was this feeling, like my stomach itself, the organ was vibrating/twitching....immediately googled, came up as you say as cancer, now, I do know that IBS can have this affect, so I am learning to focus my energy in a positive way understanding that it was only 3 months ago I had an endoscopy which ruled out ANYTHING wrong with my stomach so I am trying to overcome the need for a ssurance that this is nothig mnore than a symptom of IBS......

Backache, 12 years working a desk job, tends to lead to persistent back ache issues, now however my Health Anxiety says it is something more because I googled it....

So I understand what your saying, we have to trust in our body that it is healthy if the doctors have told us, stop thinking that every new sensation or feeling is something that will either lead to something or already is part of smething and we need to stop seeking the answer of a question we should never ask from google.

Hope your all good!

• Posted

I agree with the Google thing although I've done it but googling symptoms will bring up all sorts what I did was Google anxiety and look at the symptoms to see if it was just more symptoms of anxiety and when I found out they were I felt better about it but never just Google them search anxiety and look at the anxiety symptoms
  • Posted

The psychiatrists are useless they just said what I already knew and to try things I'd already tried that didn't work the meds have never worked for me but I'm not saying they don't work because some people find they do for them mine is because of how my anxiety works because I've had every med going I've had alot of side effects so now automatically think I will get them so feel worse on them than off but alot of people I've spoken to find the distraction techniques work when they are busy or doing something they feel better because your no longer thinking about your anxiety hence why I always have my music with me as it's a good distraction but yes for 3yrs I didn't even know what it was I had every test and scan going some days I'd be at hospital from 9-4 no food all I could have was water but I managed to find my own way to deal with mine. Do you know what you're triggers are? If you memorise or write down what you're doing or what situation your in when it starts you can get a idea of what sets it off and hopefully find a way of dealing with it also I find its more when I'm not doing anything because even if you think you arnt that's the times when you think more
  • Posted

I've had all sorts of symptoms, some have come and gone, others have stayed! Just the other day i had like a buzzing feeling in my fingers? it went after about 5 minutes but still was wierd. My main symptoms are chest pains, palpitations, mainly because worrying something is wrong with your heart is hardest to shake off and forget about! I've had so many tests on my heart its crazy, all have come back fine but still can't shake this heart anxiety! 
  • Posted

1.Twitches

2.Dizziness

3.Numbness in face (like you get at the dentist)

4.Insomnia (lack of sleep,I'd be lucky to get an hour a night)

5.Loss of appetite 

6. Aching anxious feeling in my stomach (stopped me from eating and sleeping)

7. Slurred speach (I also think lack of sleep caused this)

8. Leg cramps

These are just a few,I can't remember them all.

Whenever I googled an illness I would always develop a symptom from that illness,that I didn't have before. I used to think I was a tough cookie before I suffered with anxiety,now I realise I'm as vulnerable as the next man,in fact,my 8 stones Missus is mentally stronger than me.

Lack of sleep made me 10x worse,the body needs sleep to repair its self,when you getting a mere 60 minutes (if I was lucky) a night for months on end,there's going to be an adverse reaction.

Gabbi, I've probably had everything you've had and more,and I recovered from anxiety, and I can talk about it without fear of it coming back. You need to drum it into your head that anxiety is the root cause of you illness,if you don't it will take over your life. Good Luck.

• Posted

Itself not its self,I wish they had a spellchecker on this site.
    • Posted

You also gt symptoms of illnesses after looking the illness up? That's good to know. I'm trying to work on my anxiety but it's very difficult. I just need constant reassurance.
    • Posted

I started of with a sore neck and by the end of the week I'd convinced myself I had ALS. Bloody Google wrecked 12 months of my life,well, it wasn't just Googles fault but I need to blame something.
    • Posted

Hi gabbi

I suffer from terrible health anxiety..to the point where I actually throw up with worry and guess what its googles fault aswell..ryt now I my life ive convinced myself ive got gbs and I've never been so terrified...i get numbness all over and pins and needles...its horrible xx

• Posted

I have had all the symptoms posted on this thread.   cry
  • Posted

So many symptoms. Literally convinced I have some sort of neurological problem. Vibrating sensation, headaches, shaky limbs, twitching, ibs. Doctor tries to assure me its just anxiety but I keep going full circle. Googles literally ruined my life. Now I read up on als and my minds going wild again. I wonder if it will ever cease
    • Posted

Tell me about it,you sound just like me. I was convinced I had ALS, I had all the symptoms you've mentioned,but I didn't have it. I can guarantee you,that if you knock googling on the head,you'll start to feel better, given time.
    • Posted

Thanx mate. Funny thing is 6 months ago aside from slight anxiety shakes I was fine. Then my aunty died from a blood clot and my grandad had a blood clot induced heart attack. Then while playing football I suffered trauma to my leg called haematoma (blood clot). From that moment I was convinced I was gonna die and my anxieties just spiralled from there to the point I just constantly feel shaky. My leg healed 3 months ago but my state of minds just got worse. For the last year I've felt like I'm dying from something. I agree with you that I shouldn't Google anymore, just highlights the worse case scenario. Just need the shaking to stop. Not on any meds at all but I start counselling in a couple days so maybe that's the start to the end...... Hopefully
    • Posted

Having two people dying from your family wth blood clots would send most people off let alone someone suffering with anxiety,even tho it was only slight. No one ever had cancer in my family up until 8 years ago,then we've had two deaths and two diagnosed with the bástard disease (3 of them smoked,the other has a rotten diet). I'd hate to think how I would have reacted had I been suffering from anxiety at the time. I tried to stop googling my symptoms,but I couldn't,so I gave my computer away,and that's when my recovery began.

I'm proper proud me mate,I never tell anyone my problems,but when I suffered from anxiety,I made a right tït of myself. Pacing round my family and friends houses for hours on end,bouncing off the walls,going to A&E acting erratic, I cringe at my behaviour when I think back.

Once you jib googling,the shakes will ease,I'm sure of it. The side effect of anxiety I hated the most was twitching. It was one of the first symptoms I got and it was the last one to go. Your shakes will gradually ease,until one day you'll think I can't remember that last time I shaked.

• Posted

Hahaha sounds just like me. The amount of times I've been a&e or doctors is kinda ridiculous. I know one day I'll look back and laugh at how much of a wreck I must have looked like but obviously it doesn't seem like that now.

Aswell as being proud I also thrived on having good self control. That's what also makes this ordeal all the more distressing. That fact that it's all in my head makes me feel like I'm going crazy. If you don't mind me asking how did you learn to control your anxieties. Very grateful for your responses btw

• Posted

You say you play football,so I take it you're active? I was hitting the gym between 5-7 days a week. I used to get this feeling were my head felt too heavy for my neck,lying down was the only thing that eased it,that was until I went back to the gym. I felt normal working out,and due to the endorphins that built up,I would be anxiety free for a couple of hours after a work out.Keeping busy is very important,I used to dread the weekends as I'd be off work,and as I'd have nothing to do, my mind would start wondering. There's some parts of aniexty I wish I still had. I didn't have much of an appetite,I'm now on a diet. I loved going the gym,now I dread it.I hated being off work, now I can't wait till my next holiday.

The truth is Roots I never learned of a way to control my anxieties, my symptoms just eased due to exercie,keeping busy and giving my computer away. I've got no special breathing technique or anything. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.