Symptoms going up and down now?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently tapered off of Prozac (properly) and about a week after my last tablet i had symptoms of withdrawal. The symptoms were pretty draining and very consistent. That went on for about 3 weeks and then in the last few days or so i was feeling better than i had been but not fully better. But even though i was feeling better than i had been for the most part, i would still have moments in the day or night where the symptoms would get really bad again and now today and last night the symptoms have been really bad again like they were at first. This is disheartening for me as i thought i was on the road to recovery but now i feel like im stuck. Could this just be part of the process? I was on Prozac for around 6-7 years prior to this. I'm 21 years old too.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes cus ur body was dependant on them u will have ups an downs as ur levels adjust but the point ur avin good days is a good sign challenge ur thoughts with writing them down your mind is set u need them now u just need to tell urself everyone as bad days uve gt through them u dont need ur meds if it continues seek advice from ur gp
    • Posted

Thanks that means alot because i am really worried that i won't get better but hearing someone else say it's part of the process helps. Thanks smile

• Posted

Hi health is key, Stick with it bro, it can only get better,  I am coming off after 30 yrs and it's hell. Learn from your experience, avoid drugs like the plague, the only people who benefit are the drug company shareholders, good luck, be happy

• Posted

its nice to no im not alone the last 4 months of avin it all this time round as bin hell ☹
  • Posted

When you say tapered properly, low % such as 3-5% every 2-4 weeks or until stable? 6-7 year's and good chance it will take some time. Slow is key. Also Cognitive behavioral therapy or learning some tools, meditation breathing, suppliments, magnesium etc. Prozac should be illegal and psychiatrists are to quick to prescribe what I consider a poison numbing the Brain. You'll get there. Look up Ann Blake-Tracy and her information on SSRI's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.