Symptoms of hypothyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

A while back I went to my doctors and explained feeling tired all the time my b12 and iron come back low was prescribed iron tablets and told to eat more red meat( which I do anyway) Since going I've got more tired brain fog can't function properly face puffed up all time eyes red gritty and I've gained almost 2 stone over a year. Eyebrows have been sparse since around age of 18 I'm 26 now hairs brittle ridged nails. Should I ask for my thyroid to be tested. I'm so fed up of feeling way I do on a daily basis I'm exhausted

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes but you should also repeat your iron, b12 and ferritin tests. 
  • Posted

I agree.. get your thyroid level checked and also the iron and B12 again.  Those 2 alone can cause your symptoms.  Vitamin D test will be helpful too, as a deficiency can cause all those symptoms too, including the weight gainVitamin d deficiency, is actually very common now a days, but doctors seldom check.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.