Posted , 5 users are following.
Hey, so for a bit of background, I'm 19 and have had a 3 month long headache. It's mostly tension/pressured headaches with the occasional sharp pain or burning at the back of my head. I get most pain at the crown and back of head but also sometimes forehead and pressure at my temples mostly. I had a blood test done as I was feeling generally unwell and had tingling in my hands etc and it turned out I have a b12 deficiency and the doctor also mentioned that my thyroid was borderline low and that could be making me more anemic. However, even though I have had 5 b12 injection over 2 weeks, ending about 2/3 weeks ago now, If anything I am feeling worse rather than better. My current symptoms are:
* Ear ringing
* Ear ache
* Occasional deafness - lasts few seconds
* Extreme fatigue
* Tingling/numbness in left hand
* Elastic band feeling and numbness in left calf muscle
* The sighs
* Occasional Chest pain - left side of breast and chest, sternum and below left breast - could still be costonchondritis though
* Random nausea
* Pain in right side of stomach - lower and higher
* Lump in throat
* Keep sneezing - allergy to something?
* Loose bowel movements
* Loss of appetite on occasion
* Slight lack of co ordination
* Concentration and memory lacking
* Anxiety - mostly because of symptoms
* Depression - mostly because of symptoms
* Dry flakey skin on forehead
* Weight gain - will put on up to half a stone or even more sometimes but then lose it again over approximately a week
I have been back to the doctors so many times now but they are hopeless and the impression that I'm getting is that they just want me to get on with it. My last doctor wouldn't even let me elaborate on my symptoms, he just kept talking over me. I am seeing a chiropractor atm as well because I do have a bad back due to an old injury and apparent slight scoliosis of my spine and apparently my neck muscles are very tight which could be causing my headaches. When I told the doctor this he immediately said that all my symptoms were obviously caused by one thing and he thinks it's probably due to my neck. But I don't see how that could be causing all my other symptoms!! Do you think i should push for another blood test? I don't know if your thyroid levels can really drop after only a month. My mum has hypothyroidism however, and says that she knows when hers has dropped because of physical symptoms and it can drop Ina month for her. Thanks in advance!
0 likes, 8 replies