Symptoms.... Sharing mine and tell me yours!

Posted , 7 users are following.

What types of symptoms do you guys have? All of this started about a month ago for me after googling tingling feet and freaking joy when I saw some of the results, I had a couple weeks where I literally could barely function, and while it's getting better, I am more myself, I still have many various symptoms. Still crazy to think that about 4-5 weeks ago, I was totally "normal" acting! rolleyes

The ones I currently have had in recent days are:

-Headaches (not too painful, no meds taken often)

-Sharp but short pains seeming to come from inner ear (left)

-brief whooshing sounds in my ear (left)

-Slight floaters in vision from time to time

-chills at times

-various aches and pains throughout body

- brief tingling, predominantly in left foot

- sleep disruptions many nights (been overall improving though)

Ones I have previously had:

-no appetite

- major tingling (all limbs could be effected)

-numbness in extremities

- dizzy/woozy sensations

-crying all the time, literally would break down atleast 5 times a day

-weakness in legs

-super dry mouth

-trembling/shaking

-teeth pain

-trouble remembering, learning new things

Do you guys have any similar symptoms? What do you guys experience, and how long does it last for y'all? I am going to visit with my GP later in the month and discuss this stuff, and pretty much everyone around me says they will find nothing wrong. Sometimes I am convinced of that too, but them at other times I will still completely lose it! Really frustrating, huh?

1 like, 33 replies

Report / Delete

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ive had all of these symptoms plus more im in the same boat as you. Been googling symptoms and honestly ive convinced myself of a stroke at times.

Ive started having really bad neck stiffness, and back pain now. Like you said tho its enough just to really notice not taking any medicine except benzos. When my anxiety goes up tho my body literally tenses up in the worst way possible and i just feel alnost stuck.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

sounds like you are really going through it at the moment.

I read your list and recognised all but a few ( in myself).

I have ME/CFS and Fuch's.

At my worst, I was in a wheelchair but have had ME for about 3 years.

At the moment I choose to medicate with the lowest dose of Sertraline in an effort to find a way forward. 

Good luck.

Jinny23

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've had a lot of these symptoms, including really bad tinnitus (for four months now), chest pains, headaches, bouts of crying, hyperchondria, dry mouth and lump in throat are my main ones. Freaking out massively but my dad who's a gp told me there's nothing to worry about and that it's all in my head. It's so annoying, feel like I'm on a different planet at times!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I understand how you feel! I will pour out my heart and soul to people I trust, and they tell me that I am fine, and if "they thought something was wrong, they would be the first to rush me to the emergency room." It reassures me for a while, but then when I start feeling a symptom again, I will start worrying about it a lot, especially when I am alone. That is really nice though that your dad is a GP! I wish I had a doctor in the family, so I wouldn't have to wait around for an appointment etc
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

haha my dad's getting really annoyed at me.... rolleyes I know what you're feeling, it gets worse when I'm alone too! Recently I've started fantasising (or catastrophising) about really serious illnesses, which, at my young age, are really rare to get.

It's so good to find other people going through the same thing, it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one! Hopefully, once all my exams are over life will get back to normal...

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ive been doing the same exact thing! Ive been 0retty much ovsessed and reading up.on everything the internet has on Chronic Lyme Disease. And i posted on a forum about it and everyone on there was like seek LLMD now and pretty much scared the sh*t out of me.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes! My mom has been getting pretty annoyed at me too at times! She is a bit more understanding now than she was a couple weeks ago, but still, it can be annoying to her, I know!

I am young too, I am only 19! But I just am convinced I have some awful illnesses, but everyone else around me seems to think differently. I am trying to get finished up with my first year in college, and sadly with my worrying and distraction with thinking I am really sick, my grades have been slacking. It is finals week, and so far it has not been so pretty sad I really am trying, but my mind constantly wonders! Anytime I feel a symptom, I feel my heart sink! I am glad someone else sort of understands how I am feeling!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My mum is really understanding too! She says she went through a similar thing at my age, which is slightly reassuring! And I'm 21, in my final year at Uni, with only a few weeks to go before getting my Degree. And, like you say, I can't seem to concentrate on anything, which is really worrying! I keep on having to remind myself that I have  had so many tests done in the past year that if I really did have something they wurely would have spotted it by now!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am so freaked out that I have cancer as well, a brain tumour in particular! Everyone around me tells me I do not and that I am fine, but that bad thought still comes into my mind! Today I took my last exam (summer time, finally!) and during the exam, the sun started coming in really bright, which then started my first bout of floaters for the day (only happens when in bright light), which made me get so nervous and unfocused during the test! Now I currently have a pretty bad headache (bad for my standards, but not a migrane or anything), and it makes me worried! However, rationally it could be attributed to the fact I have been worried lately, and that I haven't eaten any real food since 7 am! I can think more rational at times, but then other times I just will freak out rolleyes
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I try reassuring myself that I'm experiencing so many symptoms that it's impossible that they would all be caused by the same cancer - I used to get bad headaches and was convinced of Meningitis and brain tumour! (but for your info, not that many brain tumours are actually caused by headaches, most of them have like seizures, mental confusion and vomiting).

It's really frustrating, getting all these pains and being told it's just anxiety! recently I started having tooth ache and mouth pains with a clicking jaw, everyone is like, 'oh you're fine it's just tmj...'

My fears tend to get worse at night, during the day I can usually blockk

well hopefully you will feel better after your exams! I still have two to go!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes! It can be super irritating! Lately I have not been feeling particularly "anxious" but these thoughts and symptoms still persist! But I suppose you truly aren't over it until you aren't doing the "what if" questions. I may not be having actual full panics like I was, but I suppose if it's still a big topic in your mind, you will continue to feel badly! I can block it out many times in the day too, night time and being alone is when it can get bad!

I have TMJ issues as well! Mine started about 2 years ago because I used to be an avid gum chewer and it really messed my jaw up! All my clicking and popping all happens on my left side, which also happens to be the side I typically get headaches on... In my mind I think it must be connected, but then again, the irrational thoughts kick in! TMJ really can be annoying to deal with... The symptoms that in itself can cause is crazy!!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yeah night time and alone is definitely the worst time! I try to overcome it by not doing any work after about 9pm and then just do fun things such as taking a warm bath or watching a movie to make myself feel better!

My TMJ is mainly on my right side...which is  also the side I seem tbe experiencing all my other symptoms too! Though in my case, it was wisdom teeth which caused my left jaw to move inwards, thus making both sides out of sink rolleyes

I think probably the anxiety just makes it worse, cos I never used to have them until a few weeks ago!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah, I think the TMJ stuff must be related to some of the symptoms we feel!

I always try to remember to when all of this started! I was totally regular and happy until a month ago when I visited Dr. Google! From that moment on, that's when I have started having all of these symptoms! Even though I read all time how if you worry about how you feel, it can create symptoms and make you feel bad, it just is something I find hard to believe at times still!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yeah I know! I've recently started having really bad vaginal itching and tingling; not sure if that can be due to anxiety?  I'm scared it's sth. serious, but should be ok as I'm still a virgin. Do you ever get these (if it's not too personal)?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I personally have not experienced that, however I am sure it is okay! It could be from anxiety or maybe that is caused by hormones? I have heard that itching and such can be attributed to your hormones and your monthly cycle! I know you hear it all the time, that "you are fine" but I bet that is totally normal!

Today I had some pretty bad symptoms compared to other days. I woke up and first thing, I felt pretty bad burning/tingling in both of my feet's toes! Then I have just had a headache where my head and neck just feels heavy, if that makes sense. And the cold chills! Oh my gosh, the chills were not great today! The thing is, I live in Texas, and in May, it is starting to get pretty hot! I was bundled up in a big blanket! Why would I have chills? I had various aches and pains...and my scalp just felt sore in spots! So annoying! I just don't understand how it can all be anxiety... I do not even feel panicy anymore, I just think about it alot... And first thing when I wake up I feel tingling! How can I be stressed out when first waking up? rolleyes I get a lot of tingling many times when I first get up, does this ever happen to you?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes it does! Sometimes it gets so bad I have to wait a bit before getting up. I always seem to be worried and achy everywhere in the morning. But I'm nearly done with exams and going back to my parents' house for the summer, so hopefully I shall be back on track!

You're lucky having nice weather at the moment, though. I'm in the UK, Manchester, and it rains all the time! rolleyes

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah! Many times I tend to feel sort of stiff when I first wake up... Many times my knees are achey when I wake up, that's when my tingling sensations tend to be at their worse... Oh and my jaw normally is out of place and I have to play around with it for a bit to get it to pop back into place! Honestly sometimes I just try to lay in bed as long as possible to avoid getting up and potentially feeling those sensations!

Today my symptoms seemed much better compared to yesterday, but today I was a lot more busy than I was prior. I was mindful of the headaches I was getting and any tingling I felt, but I think keeping myself occupied helped keep my mind off a lot of it.

Another question: do you ever just feel "spacey"? For some reason whenever I am in my local grocery store or in a large/busy and crowded place, I seem to just space out! Everything around me seems out of wack in a way, but then when I get out of that environment, it improves greatly! Again, this has only started in the past month, so I am guessing this is anxiety related? rolleyes

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

sorry for the late reply (started exams this week...). Yeah I totally do, 'spacey', like I'm not really there. I also have that slight feeling of dread, like I'm about to drop dead at any moment sad bit morbid really, considering I should be out enjoying myself!

One of my symptoms is my teeth feeling loose. Been getting it on/off for about three or four months. Freaked out massively cos I know it can be the sign of sth. serious, but I went to the dentist and he couldn't find anything wrong...do you get this at all?

Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy, like it's just me going through all this. I usually try to block it out by working.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's how I can be sometimes! I will be doing relatively okay, moving on with my life, just ignoring symptoms as best as I can, I'll be thinking rationally, and then I can just have moments all of a sudden where I just want to scream and freak out because "what if it's something really bad?" rolleyes

I have had feelings like that before! Not recently since I have been feeling anxious/ill/whatever it is, but there have been times where it seemed like my teeth have felt loose! Like maybe for a day or so, and then the next day it will feel normal again. Those sensations have freaked me out before, but then it goes away!

I feel crazy too sometimes! No one around me thinks anything I am feeling is serious and it frustrates me! Like yesterday morning my mom woke me up, and when I woke up, I felt the tingling in my toes and in my right arm, and when I told her, she did not seem concerned at all! I also have told her about the headaches, the chills I get, and nothing seems to rattle her! So then it makes me think "if no one else cares about it, should I? Is it really not a big deal?" Then whenever I scroll down my timeline on Facebook, or I see news stories about terrible diseases, I just have to fly past it because I can not bear to hear about those things anymore without making me feel scared!

My mom and grandma think I am at a "crossroads" right now, which I think is true in parts. Lately I have not been entirely sure on what I want to do with my life. I am at school right now to pursue a career in nursing, but I do not really know if that's what I want to do anymore. They think that that is what's making me feel these things, but I do not know! rolleyes these sensations and feelings are just so real, I do not know if it's something physically, mentally, or maybe both??

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

when you say 'school', do you mean University? (system's different over here). Coming up to the end of my bachelors, I'll say that this time of study is full of self-doubt and mind changes. I'm studying for a Degree in Music, and there are times when I've absolutely hated it and wanted to quit...it's cos of the pressure they put on you! Final year is the worst, I was absolutely fine before last September! rolleyes

It's probs a bit of both, my dad described it as slight hormonal imbalance. Basically, your mind 'dictates' certain feelings to your body, which then reacts accordingly. So in a way, it is physical, but caused by a mental reason. (if that makes sense?)

Yeah I seem to be getting loads of disease-related stuff on Facebook too! It's really frustrating, so I try to ignore them as much as possible. My mum is the same as yours, nothing ever seems to bother her...maybe it's to do with age and maturity?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes! I mean University when I say school or college! And yes! College (or Uni, haha) can be a time of so much doubt! I can't imagine what you must be feeling, as I have only completed one year of it so far! The money really does make it hard! At my university, one little course costs $2400! sad If I decide to change majors, I will lose so much class credit and effort for all the nursing type classes I've taken already! I actually really want to be a Flight Attendant! Really the only thing I am truly passionate about is travel, aircraft, cultures, etc! That does not require any sort of university or college, but I still need to have a major in something, you know? I won't feel right going through life without having a college degree!

And that does make sense! The mind really is a powerful thing! My mom keeps trying to tell me that my hormones could be a bit out of wack, and she could be right! She says that when she was around 20 her hormones changed a lot, so she thinks it could be the same for me!

Yes! All the time! Facebook, the TV, stories about disease is everywhere! A mistake I made this past semester for an English class is working on a project about assisted suicide and terminally ill people. It was a project that lasted half of the semester, and at the time, I thought it was a good topic! By the end though, not so much! rolleyes My family thinks that contributed to some of the worry and anxiety I have been feeling. I was having to research and think about those topics a lot! I also have been taking Anatomy & Physiology classes, and I think knowing a lot more on how the body works and what is normal and what isn't normal has not been helpful to my cause. It's one of those situations where "ignorance is bliss!'" And maybe so! I guess our moms definitely have more experience with the world and know their children and when something is or isn't wrong?

Does your skin break out? I have never struggled with terrible acne, but I have noticed recently that my skin has been breaking out a lot more than usual. I sometimes get a bit of acne around my period, but what I have had lately can't be contributed to that. I guess that is another thing pointing to the stress/hormones?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

you are so right about 'ignorance is bliss'; except that I found out how the body works through Dr. Google! rolleyes Wish I had Anatomy classes, might help me stop worrying! (my dad says he used to worry a lot too, and that it stopped when he became a doctor...). The hard thing for me is to trust the docs; they do know what they are doing, but there is always that moment of doubt at the back of the mind when you wonder if they've missed something. It's awful when I worry, cos then when I come down with sth. I have no idea if it's real or made up...

And yes, I get loads of acne too, though I have suffered from this as a teenager so I'm used to it. It seems to have developed on my back and shoulders, face is not too bad, though.

And wow, being a Flight Attendant sounds so adventurous; and nursing is a really good career too...you would be able to look after sick people on planes? (lol - have suffered with that too in the past!)

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes! That's what I have sort of been thinking to.. "What if they miss something?" I have to wait all the way until the 22nd to speak with a doctor on what I have been feeling, and I am so nervous that they will tell me they think it is something really bad! I am anxious to hurry up and just get it over with, but at the same time I do not want to go in fear of what they may tell me! sad My doctor is very young, so I get worried sometimes that she will tell me the wrong thing! However, I know that she has way more knowledge than me (and Dr. Google, haha) and that I just need to trust her. I really am so nervous already for the 22nd... I was initially going in on the 8th, but I really wanted my mom to go with me, and she couldn't get off work until the 22nd... When she told me I needed to reschedule, I started crying right there because I had gotten myself prepared for what they may tell me and she was like "You are fine! They will do nothing to you that is going to hurt or harm you because there is nothing wrong with you!" sad It sometimes certainly feels like something is wrong though...

I get acne on my back and shoulders too! When I was younger, that was definitely my problem area! In recent years it has cleared up a ton, but I have noticed lately since all of this worry and stress hit, it's starting to come back there, and my face as well!

Haha I certainly hope I could help anyone who is sick while flying! I think that could be useful as many people get panicky or get airsickness! Sometimes you hear about those stories where babies are born on planes or people start having a heart attack whilst flying, lol, I would be ready!

Currently I am just laying in bed, not wanting to get up because that's when I normally feel my symtoms at their worst. So I am just laying here as long as I can, my jaw is super stiff and stuck, I can already feel my feet and hands wanting to get tingly, and my back just feels so stiff! Lovely way to get the day started! sad lol

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Lol I am stuck in my room revising (it's late afternoon over here). Yeah I'm really scared they're going to misdiagnose me...but then again my dad explained that sometimes you have to trust it for a bit and time will tell...

Like on Friday I developed an awful thrush infection and went to the doc's who found a small hard lump. She said it was a cyst, but I'm still really nervous! rolleyes Anyway, she told me to monitor it and to come back if it grew, so I'm slightly reassured...

Lol they should genuinely have nurses on planes, I fly quite often and see loads of people having fits and the air hostesses are completely bewildered... my dad once had to administer first aid to someone who'd fainted (out of fear)!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah, it's one of those things that you just have to trust. Doctors go to school for an eternity, so it is very obvious that they have the knowledge and skills required to diagnose people! I keep trying to attribute a bunch of my symtoms to TMJ/anxiety, but I will just be ready to get this doctors appointment over with!

Yeah, that is a bit more reassuring! When a doctor just says to watch it, that normally can be a good sign that it is not anything too serious!

Haha and I think they should too! People get so nervous when flying! When I was flying home from London this past summer, this little girl in front of me kept getting so air sick! I felt so bad for her and her dad who was trying to help her! That would of been a good time to have had someone help them out!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yeah I'm trying to link all my symptoms to anxiety, to stop myself from worrying so much. The good news is that I'll be able to see an ENT over summer to get my tinnitus checked out, cos it's been six months and shows no signs of improving sad had hearing tests, which came back normal, so it's probably nothing serious.

anyway, hopefully it will all get back to normal after Uni ends! ( hope it does for you!)

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

oh no that's so awful! rolleyes I know that feeling, I've done that with cancer, and other things. I've realised two things though: 1) that most things written on the net are complete bulls**t (to a certain extent), and 2) the more you read, the more scared you get!

Hope you feel better soon btw! smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes, sometimes I can be rational and link things to anxiety, but then other times (like today honestly) I have just been a complete basketcase! sad It is so hard sometimes!

I am sure that they will find nothing serious with your tinnitus! I think some people just tend to have it naturally, and maybe it is TMJ you are experiencing! The misaligned jaw may be messing around with your inner ear! Anxiety and TMJ can present some very frightening symptoms from what I have read about! rolleyes

I hope it will get better for you when you complete Uni! Once you get that done and you can have some time to relax, maybe It will improve! I am on Day 5 of my summer break, and it has not gotten better (but I think it could be because I am bored doing nothing in the day and I think so much about how I feel) but hopefully once my family is on summer break too, it will be better! I notice that on weekends who everyone is around that I seem to be a bit better than I do during the week.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up