Symptoms Worse When You're Tired?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been dizzy/off-balance for quite a while now, and it varies in intensity from day-to-day....I think I'm noticing a trend that it's worse when I don't get a good night's sleep....is that true for anyone else? Another thing....I hadn't had a period for a few months, had a light period early last week, and another one started this morning, along with worse lightheadedness and vomiting (that's a new one for me).....so now I'm lying in bed, terrified to get up because I feel so woozy....I'm afraid I'll pass out if I stand up (although I feel lightheaded lying here as well)....I suspect what I really need is to go to sleep but (I know this sounds silly), I'm scared to go to sleep......just feel like a total mess today.....called my boyfriend (he's at work at the moment) and sobbed on the phone for a few minutes and now I'm back to just worrying....I hate being home alone when I feel like this, but I don't feel well enough to go to work.....these hormones are making me feel absolutely crazy!!!!!!  Any words of wisdom from my fellow sufferers?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

No words of wisdom regrettably.I have this more often than I care to say. Just try and hang in this too shall pass

• Posted

Do you get the nausea and vomiting along with the lightheadedness? It's got me feeling very anxious (which doesn't help with the dizziness)....ugh, I wish someone had warned me that perimenopause can be so brutal...I expected a hot flash or two and maybe some night sweats, but I never expected to feel like this every day....it's exhausting.
  • Posted

Hi wearykitty..

oh honey.... i also find when i had periods after missing many and one came, nausia and feeling sooooo sickly, ( new one for me too) headaches before too, i only had two periods last year and both times, intense headache and felt soooo sick, wobbly etc.

drink plenty if fluids weary kitty get some toast down even if you dont feel like it try as it will make you feel abit better... then a warm bath later ... its crap isnt it....

stay positive as if you not having periods for months at a time then your nearing the end .... it gets better hun, i havent had a period for almost a year, after my B6 and b12 i feel tonnes better and no PMT - no periods symptoms ....  i used to get the symptoms and no period for a few months after last period, now they gone too... Jay xx

• Posted

weary kitty ...

this may explain abit ... certainly mentions tiredness and feeling worse ..😥

Why does menopause cause nausea?

Although the exact link between the menopause and nausea is not yet fully understood, it is thought that a change in hormone levels causes the symptom. Similar to pregnancy causing morning sickness, the menopause is a time of your life when your hormones are radically fluctuating, in particular, the hormones oestrogen and progesterone.

It is thought that reduced levels of the hormone progesterone cause gastrointestinal problems such as bloating, indigestion and heartburn, all of which may also lead to nausea.

Additionally, nausea may be caused or worsened by stress or fatigue. Both of these conditions are commonly associated with the menopause. If you are feeling overworked, then looking for ways of improving this may help to lift your feeling of nausea.

Lastly, severe menstrual pain or cramps can give rise to nausea.

What home remedies are there for nausea?

Looking after your digestive system is often the first way to avoid or improve your symptoms of nausea. If you eat fatty, greasy or spicy food you are more likely to feel the after-effects of it. Avoiding eating altogether can also worsen your nausea. Instead, try to eat a small amount of very plain food, such as crackers. It is important not to eat too much, but a little may help to settle your stomach. Making sure that your blood sugar is balanced is important, as low blood sugar may contribute to your symptoms.

Avoid sitting in a hot, stuffy or smelly room, as this will only make you feel even queasier. Try to get some fresh air and breathe deeply, as this will create a rhythmic pattern in the stomach. Unless your nausea is unbearable, then keeping yourself occupied and your mind off the nausea will often help you get through the day.

It’s also important to consider what you drink. Try to avoid tea, coffee, sugary and fizzy drinks.

• Posted

Thanks! Just knowing that it's potentially a symptom of menopause helps a bit....too often, I find myself worrying that I have some sort of serious and terminal medical condition....funny how anxiety appeared hand-in-hand with perimenopause....I never used to worry about my health, but these crazy symptoms have really thrown me for a loop....difficult to believe some days that it's my own body playing these nasty tricks on me....I'm told this too shall pass, so I'm doing my best to just hang in there....easier said than done some days.....it's so nice being able to chat with others in the same situation....I feel as though I've got a whole group of sisters out there!!
    • Posted

Hi wearykitty

i went through the anxious stage, it got really weird, i was always strong, i was career woman in health sector for many many years,  then after a few years of peri i became anxious, didnt want to go out, drive, be alone, didnt want to mix with people i found other people a threat, i felt on the defence all the time, all bonkers stuff.. but ... its passed, mainly it had too as now my other half works overseas so its just me, as kids grown up, so I had to push myself and focus, i felt like this up until April this year, my B6 vits helped me, my anxiety just went, as quick as it came, I go out alot now and drive and go shopping alone no problems now.... even have some friends i meet up with once a week and have a giggle, I had to have words with myself as I was becoming reclusive and lonely and life is as good as you make it... it will pass honey

Jay xx

• Posted

I was the same way before all of this hit me....I lived alone and loved it....I'd go anywhere, anytime without thinking twice about it....now, I'm afraid to be home alone in case something happens to me....I get shaky and lightheaded when I drive, and going to the store is a major undertaking....the anxious, scared person I am now is nothing like the "old" me....I almost don't recognize myself....I find myself avoiding things I used to enjoy, because the physical symptoms make them so difficult....and to make it worse, I don't feel as though anyone around me understands what I'm going through....thank god for this forum....I honestly don't know what I'd do if I couldn't "talk" to y'all....
  • Posted

Hi. Yes mine us definitely worse when I'm tired. I was away on holiday last week so my quality of sleep wasn't great as the bed wasn't as comfortable as mine. I am wondering if that combined with eating rubbish may be why I'm worse this week. I'm eating properly now and hoping the sleep will improve as well as the week progresses. I take the painkillers for the pain and then I feel woozy. Catch 22 I think. Just be kind to yourself and do what you can. It's really hard not to worry but if you can find something to take your mind off it a bit( not as easy as it sounds I know) it will make you feel a bit better. You can always contact us on here if you are feeling rubbish. Lots of hugs to you. Xxxxx
  • Posted

Are you dizzy all of the time or only during menstruation?

I have to keep up on my iron and B12 and B6 but I have not been dizzy fro a long long time.....was this way every day, all day long for 9 months. Went off gluten (wheat) and it resolved my dizziness, my foggy thinking. I was also having terrible stomach aches. Something to think about and try. I went 9 weeks before my dizziness went away.

• Posted

It's pretty much all the time....although slightly worse just before and during my period (which has become pretty unpredictable the past six months or so).....it's such a horrible feeling sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.