symptons of anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im just wondering if anybody has problems doing everyday task when suffering from their anxiety,for last 2 days ive had different symptons then before these symptons are like a tightness down left side of head and face feel very jittery on left side.But makes me scared to do housework incase somethings going to happen to me and i feel like im going to fall over is this common with anxiety on 40mg of citalopram.Any suggestions would be appreciated.xx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Bear in mind we can get colds and flus too, regardless of anxiety.  I had a bad virus a few weeks back,made me feel sick and very off balance. The first reaction is to jump to anxiety,but anxiety can also make a simple cold or virus and make them so much worse. Your feeling of falling over if not a virus etc sounds like it is caused by a peak in anxiety because you are already making yourself worried about housework before your start. Catastrophising I think it's called and it happens with anxiety. When you feel these physical symptoms try concentrating on them,deep breaths, then try to think of the root. For example, the fear of falling over is anxiety which has risen due to your fear of something happening while doing housework etc
    • Posted

Thank you jmcg2014 im trying deep breathing.
    • Posted

As you deep breath really focus on these feelings, you'll soon realise they aren't harming you -they can't harm you. Its not even the feeling that you are scared of, the anxiety just builds a story around the feeling,to tell us to prepare for danger. But there is no danger,just fear. Just keep telling yourself that fear stands for false expectations appear real- it's our expectations that make us feel fear, not actually a valid reason
    • Posted

Hi jmcg2014!

I'm  interested in your reply to Jean,  it sounds very much like one of the Mindfulness  mediations I do. Have you done the course? 

Your advice shows you've done a lot of research and we are benefiting.

Thanks

Sue

• Posted

Hi jean

know how you feel everyday yesterday head today back,I do a job maybe 5 mins then have to lie on bed like now with ice pack ,then get up do another little job that's the only way I cope cannot keep going for hours,just small steps when you can.Dont beat yourself up for not doing it you can not help it and when the guilt sets in you feel worse.

every little achievement think oh yes I did that,maybe tomorrow another step further.

Good Luck

joan

• Posted

Thank you Joan ive just swept floor then sat down again its just a horrible feeling.I just hope one day i wake up and its all gone and i can feel like i used to,do you take medication for anxiety.

• Posted

Hi,

no I don't take any meds.  They have tried them all but I cannot find one I think the longest I took one was for 11 days sertraline,but for some I know swear by them so what ever suits. Wish I could find something,Ido a relaxation tape lovely at the time but don't last but keep plugging at it only had it about 4 days so must persevere.

• Posted

agreed meds arent the be all and end all, for some they work, for others they dont. just as we all have different levels of anx, caused by different reasons, there can be no single thing which will help everyone.  studies do show therapy can be every bit as effective as meds, but again it all comes down to the individual
  • Posted

for some balance though, the one time i did try medication, it was citalopram, and it made my symptoms a million times worse.  i know others who have taken it who have been fine with it.  Just to be aware, one pill that works for one person may not in another
    • Posted

I agree. If one tablet edoesn't work it's just that you're, what they call ,a 'non-responder' but another tablet in the same family of drugs, with a slightly different chemical make, can work.  That's how delicate our individual brain make up is. The problem is the time it takes to find the right tablet and the right dosage. 

• Posted

agreed, sometimes though that trial and error adds chemically induced anxiety to the anxiety we already have. thats the reason i wont touch meds, for me its not worth it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.