Syphilis false negative possible ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I had a previous partner that I was with sexually before, tell me that they had Syphilis. We were intimate over 6 years ago....in that time I have had a range of symptoms but i am not sure are specific to Syphilis or not.These symtoms have included passing blood when going to the toilet at times, feeling constantly fatigued and aches and pains in my left and right rib organ areas, uti problems and more recently intense brain fog. Anyway I went to my local gum clinic convinced I had Syphilis and got test for everything possible. This week I got my results and too my surprise everything was negative. I’ve read online it’s possible to get a false negative in the late stages of Syphilis so I’m not sure if I should get tested again. Are Syphilis test 100% accurate after 6 years of contracting it? Would you recommend I get re-tested? Honestly getting a bit worried on what to do here. Surely one would think having sex with someone multiple times that had syphilis would probably mean i would have it too? i dont know really where to go with the subject. As far as i know its easy enough for me to research things like HIV and hepatitis and find the test are almost 100% accurate but with syphilis the information is scarce. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

u would be having full body rash on the feet an hands u would also have wart like growths on your genitals syphilis is pretty intense your test is most probably correct

• Posted

your symptoms also dont match that of syphilis

• Posted

if you havnt already id get your wee checked for uti as your symptoms are more consistant with kidney infection

• Posted

hello and thanks for responding. The test i had was full blood and full urine. The person i was sexually active with told me they had similar symptoms to what i was experiancing too. I have had rashes in my hands and genitals that have cleared up over time a couple of years back.

• Posted

false negatives are only in the first 90 days after exposure dues to the fact people test to early in your case thats not the case and u tested way after 90 days the reason you get false negatives during the first 90 days is because antibodies to time to build up if you. have had syphilis for x amount of years then your test would have been positive as there would be antibodies present your test is correct

• Posted

Full body rash usually is the 2nd stage of syphilis.

Chancroid developed before body rash.

• Posted

?? he thinks hes had it 6 plus years im pretty sure he would be well passed the chanker stage dont you ?

• Posted

which is why i said he would have noticed a rash on the hands and feet wart like growths on the genitals etc etc he would have some very severe problems going on if had syphilis 6 years dont u think ...!

• Posted

I understand and agree with you.

He may passed the chanker stage without noticing that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.